Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Is anyone else hearing that you cannot custom order JKs?
Yep, the window for custom orders closed a couple of weeks ago. You MIGHT get lucky and have your local dealer do an allocation swap with another dealer to get one that was ordered the way you want it and not yet promised/delivered. JK/U's will continue to be rolled out as FCA empties the parts bins at the factory, but expect more and more weird combinations as they wind down the production. We should probably expect to see an end to the MY18 JKU when the JLU starts hitting dealer lots around February of 2018, though 2-door JK's will likely continue for the rest of the model year until the JL (2-door) production ramps up (maybe August-ish for late September delivery?) Either way, the 2018 JL is gonna be one rare bird, possibly nonexistent if any production delays push build dates into October for the official start of the MY2019 production.

Best!
O_E

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, the window for custom orders closed a couple of weeks ago. You MIGHT get lucky and have your local dealer do an allocation swap with another dealer to get one that was ordered the way you want it and not yet promised/delivered. JK/U's will continue to be rolled out as FCA empties the parts bins at the factory, but expect more and more weird combinations as they wind down the production. We should probably expect to see an end to the MY18 JKU when the JLU starts hitting dealer lots around February of 2018, though 2-door JK's will likely continue for the rest of the model year until the JL (2-door) production ramps up (maybe August-ish for late September delivery?) Either way, the 2018 JL is gonna be one rare bird, possibly nonexistent if any production delays push build dates into October for the official start of the MY2019 production.

Best!
O_E
I am pretty much expected this, along with dealer markups, which is why I am pushing for the JK. Its too bad that there arent many orders that will be coming in moving forward, as it means that over the next few months new JK supply could become scarce in addition to the JL already being very scarce.

Might be a good time to move this month if anyone is on the fence about the JK, since it could get exponentially more difficult next year...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bonusdrive $500 cash back

I'm still trying to improve my purchase price on my 18 JK.I found a link on Bonusdrive.com and filled out yesterday . 10 minutes to fill out, after an hour of searching a oranization which qualified. My $500 dollar check is in the mail. i will post back after i receive it. Definitly worth the effort. good luck saving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been negotiating pricing and received an offer of $34,700 plus taxes/DMV fees for a 18 JKU Sport S in Rhino with the following options:

- Connectivity Group
- Black 3 Piece Hard Top
- Max Tow Package
- LED Lighting Package
- Anti Spin Differential Rear Axle
- Sirius Satellite Radio

The MSRP is $37,535 and the invoice is $36,114. I asked the dealer to let me know what other fees I will be charged on top of their quote of $34,700. I am in California and understand there is a $80 cap on documentation fees.

Assuming the dealer will provide their list of fees and they are standard, am I doing good on this quote?

·
Registered
14 Posts
EDIT: The dealer confirmed the $34,700 price includes all doc and dealer fees. I am looking at only paying sales taxes and DMV fees on top of the quote. It comes out to 4% under invoice. I have tried getting other dealerships to beat the price but they are passing.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm still trying to improve my purchase price on my 18 JK.I found a link on Bonusdrive.com and filled out yesterday . 10 minutes to fill out, after an hour of searching a oranization which qualified. My $500 dollar check is in the mail. i will post back after i receive it. Definitly worth the effort. good luck saving.
My wife has Allstate so I applied even though the Jeep is in my name. I received an email Friday I was approved and a check will be sent soon. Some mod money should be here soon.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
925 Posts
EDIT: The dealer confirmed the $34,700 price includes all doc and dealer fees. I am looking at only paying sales taxes and DMV fees on top of the quote. It comes out to 4% under invoice. I have tried getting other dealerships to beat the price but they are passing.
If you like the vehicle, I would take it and secure the deal while it last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2017 Winter Edition a couple of days ago and I'm happy with my purchase price. MSRP was $45,430. They gave me a discount of $5,080 for a price of $40,350. I had received a mailer from Chrysler a couple of weeks ago for an additional $1,000 off on top of any other deal. Dont know why that showed up but it was very timely. So final price was $39,350 + TTL. I read about the BonusDrive thing above so I went ahead and submitted an application for that. I have no idea if that will actually show up but it will be great if it does. This is our first jeep. The car is technically for my wife and that's a good thing. If it were for me, I would have had to have the new JL but she doesn't care about having the latest and greatest. The jeep is really pretty and I can't wait to start modding it for her. Headliners, door sill protectors and a new Alpine stereo are already in the mail!

·
Registered
406 Posts
2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
13k miles
$35,500 out the door
Hard Top
All options except painted fenders and hard top.
Drove it home today.
I feel like this was a very good deal.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Doubt "invoice" pricing

I just picked up a 2017 Winter Edition a couple of days ago and I'm happy with my purchase price. MSRP was $45,430. They gave me a discount of $5,080 for a price of $40,350. I had received a mailer from Chrysler a couple of weeks ago for an additional $1,000 off on top of any other deal. Dont know why that showed up but it was very timely. So final price was $39,350 + TTL. I read about the BonusDrive thing above so I went ahead and submitted an application for that. I have no idea if that will actually show up but it will be great if it does. This is our first jeep. The car is technically for my wife and that's a good thing. If it were for me, I would have had to have the new JL but she doesn't care about having the latest and greatest. The jeep is really pretty and I can't wait to start modding it for her. Headliners, door sill protectors and a new Alpine stereo are already in the mail!
It is called Economic Reality . "Invoice" would have meant that the dealer would have taken a loss .

Manufacturer is not doing too shabby , either . The Germans were able to spend Billions after the diesel test tampering fiasco . They are not in business to lose money , duh . But I'm not an economist ; merely a beer drinker .:beerdrinking:

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Yeah I noticed a lot of dealers are willing to go below invoice which makes you wonder. On the POC sheet you can see the Employee Pricing (EP) is about 6-7% below invoice. I've never seen a dealer go below 7% without any factory rebates on a new Jeep order so I'm going to guess that's their break even point.

My '18 JK 2DR Sport was just under $25K OTD (295 doc fee + FL tax tag title incl). 6% below invoice (fwp) + $500 Jeep Cert and $500 BonusDrive rebate. Had to fly up to Heritage Jeep in Maryland and drive it home, but even with added airline + gas costs they still crushed all the local dealerships in central FL. Koons would do 6% below, but their insane 699 dealer fee wiped out a big chunk of the savings.

Not even my fav dealership Greenway in Orlando that I've bought several Wranglers from would match it (must be under new mngmt?). A little ticked I had to go all the way up to MD to get a good deal, but I sleep well knowing I did the best I could. Having Jeeper's Den throw a 4" lift and 37s on there and it'll be a nice rig for under $30k. :cool:

ps. If you want my contact at Heritage just send me a PM, not sure he wants me broadcasting his name on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since JL's can be had for 5%+ below invoice, anyone able to get a JK for considerably more below invoice? Still too early?
If you can get 5% below invoice on a JL, just get that. Don't forget to register for the free brochures from FCA on all the jeep line. In a month or two they will send you a $500 bonus offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you can get 5% below invoice on a JL, just get that. Don't forget to register for the free brochures from FCA on all the jeep line. In a month or two they will send you a $500 bonus offer.
I'd prefer a JK and was hoping there would be closeout pricing on the remaining stock. Since they sell so well I don't know what to expect. Thanks for the tip on the brochure.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
It appears that a lot of people prefer the outgoing JK over the new JL and are trying to grab one before its too late. I can't imagine Jeep offering any rebates or incentives on a model that is still in high demand. We'll see!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd prefer a JK and was hoping there would be closeout pricing on the remaining stock. Since they sell so well I don't know what to expect. Thanks for the tip on the brochure.

Driving through the lot of the big dealer near me in Massachusetts where I recently bought my JKU, over in a far corner, I saw more than a dozen Brand new 2017 JKs and JKUs with consecutive license plates on them. Many I recognized from when I was shopping last fall. They all had rusty rotors, so they had been sitting for a bit.
I asked one of the employees what the story with them was and he said they were going to be used by dealer managers as company cars. He also said they do that with vehicles sometimes that aren’t selling.
Maybe it’s a way to get a bunch of 2017 Wranglers off their books without selling them?
They have plenty of 2018 JKs as well, and a half dozen JLs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah I noticed a lot of dealers are willing to go below invoice which makes you wonder. On the POC sheet you can see the Employee Pricing (EP) is about 6-7% below invoice. I've never seen a dealer go below 7% without any factory rebates on a new Jeep order so I'm going to guess that's their break even point.

My '18 JK 2DR Sport was just under $25K OTD (295 doc fee + FL tax tag title incl). 6% below invoice (fwp) + $500 Jeep Cert and $500 BonusDrive rebate. Had to fly up to Heritage Jeep in Maryland and drive it home, but even with added airline + gas costs they still crushed all the local dealerships in central FL. Koons would do 6% below, but their insane 699 dealer fee wiped out a big chunk of the savings.

Not even my fav dealership Greenway in Orlando that I've bought several Wranglers from would match it (must be under new mngmt?). A little ticked I had to go all the way up to MD to get a good deal, but I sleep well knowing I did the best I could. Having Jeeper's Den throw a 4" lift and 37s on there and it'll be a nice rig for under $30k. :cool:

ps. If you want my contact at Heritage just send me a PM, not sure he wants me broadcasting his name on here.

Wow, you went to great lengths to get that deal. Good for you. I tried shopping around a bit, but grew tired of the lack of deals. Best I could do was find a lightly used one on the tiny doughnut wheels in the back corner that no one wanted. It was the color I wanted though! Glad you are happy with your ride and would love to see it with the lift.

181 - 200 of 231 Posts