Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

201 - 220 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Rusty because dealer didn't want to deal

I saw more than a dozen Brand new 2017 JKs and JKUs with consecutive license plates on them. Many I recognized from when I was shopping last fall. They all had rusty rotors, so they had been sitting for a bit.
He also said they do that with vehicles sometimes that aren’t selling.
You have a Good Eye to see that the rotors are rusty . They weren't sold because the dealer did not want to discount the prices , obviously .
Idaho would have sold them as fast as a cat grabs a piece of fish off your plate . They admitted that if I walk in with my cashier's check , with MY price , I will drive off the lot same day . I really really like that !
I am perfectly happy with my 2016 Sport 2-door , but if I need a spare Jeep , for sure I will get it from Idaho ; partly for the deals , but also partly because they are so up-front about the deals . :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
406 Posts
2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
13k miles
$35,500 out the door
Hard Top
All options except painted fenders and hard top.
Drove it home today.
I feel like this was a very good deal.
I just reread this.

Hard top WAS included.

Also a 7 year Fidelity Platinum Warranty on top of the remaining factory warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Golden Ticket was denied after contacting Jeep. I ordered 2018 Recon in October.Delvered 2 weeks after my Golden ticket expired.Wife called Jeep and asked if they would make an exception. told no and was sent a denial letter. Always worth the time asking. Yesterday in the mail $500 dollar check arrived. ThanK you Jeep and Wifey. Now looking at a new set of better tires for vacation trip. Final discounts: 4% under invoice (Craig Benner at Koons ) ,$500 golden ticket , $500 Bonus Drive,and $250 Tread lightly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You have a Good Eye to see that the rotors are rusty . They weren't sold because the dealer did not want to discount the prices , obviously .
Idaho would have sold them as fast as a cat grabs a piece of fish off your plate . They admitted that if I walk in with my cashier's check , with MY price , I will drive off the lot same day . I really really like that !
I am perfectly happy with my 2016 Sport 2-door , but if I need a spare Jeep , for sure I will get it from Idaho ; partly for the deals , but also partly because they are so up-front about the deals . :beerdrinking:
I went through a couple of days ago and those same dozen 2017 JKs had the plates removed and were lined up with the used Wranglers.
There must be some advantage to registering them, have them sit on the lot for a month and then list them as used.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I went through a couple of days ago and those same dozen 2017 JKs had the plates removed and were lined up with the used Wranglers.
There must be some advantage to registering them, have them sit on the lot for a month and then list them as used.
My guess is that they'll no longer have to honor any "new vehicle" factory rebates, golden tickets, tread lightly offers, and deal with us penny pinchers asking to see the invoice. Maybe write off some of difference in price as a business expense and be free to ask whatever they want for them.

·
Registered
595 Posts
My Golden Ticket was denied after contacting Jeep. I ordered 2018 Recon in October.Delvered 2 weeks after my Golden ticket expired.Wife called Jeep and asked if they would make an exception. told no and was sent a denial letter. Always worth the time asking. Yesterday in the mail $500 dollar check arrived. ThanK you Jeep and Wifey. Now looking at a new set of better tires for vacation trip. Final discounts: 4% under invoice (Craig Benner at Koons ) ,$500 golden ticket , $500 Bonus Drive,and $250 Tread lightly.
Sweet! My husband bought a new Silverado and not 2 weeks after we purchased it we received a $3,000 off coupon on a new vehicle. I called and we received a check for the full amount. I scored major wife points, ha! I had a $500 golden ticket too but it was still good when I purchased my Wrangler, from Craig of course. Well worth the 6 hour drive from Charlotte. I've had her a year now and absolutely love what I drive again.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
They title them and sell them used

I found out about this slight-of-hand . Dealers who don't or won't deal end up with older new ones that are losing their new car appeal because of weather , sitting around , etc . They title them and sell them as used ones with maybe 100 miles on the odo . They could have made deals in the first place and moved them . When it's time to fix them they can say "well you bought it used , 'as is' " . This is another reason I prefer high-volume , high-dealing , sell the newest as they come in , such as the ones in Kellogg and Caldwell , Idaho . "Buy 'em fresh , buy 'em hot , move 'em out ". Kellogg , Idaho , with a population of 2,000 , and Caldwell , Idaho , are the world's largest cjr dealers ; because of Prices Prices Prices . :drinks:

·
Registered
50 Posts
First off, great thread!

I've noticed a few new 17's still on dealer sites. How much (if any) more do you think dealers would be willing to negotiate off a new 17 JK compared to an '18 JK, esp now that the JL's are hitting the showrooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Built a 2018 JKU earlier this year. Wanted 35's, aftermarket bmprs, specific rims, etc. Bought a stock Sport with the factory must haves (ass warmers, stock radio, remote start, etc) and took to local 4X4 shop that has connection with dearler. Built the 8500 in aftermarket stuff into the price financed at the dealer (1%). Out the door with the same Jeep as my neighbor bought at dearler for about 9K less.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ok, so Bonusdrive.com will not give out 500.00 if you trade in another Jeep (FCA Product) on a new Jeep, so im out on that.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Can anyone confirm on a AAA discount if i sign up for that? Any other discounts others might know of?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm looking at an '18 JK 2-door Rubicon. The MSRP is $41,490 and the dealer tells me the invoice is $39,177. It looks like I can get it right at $35,500. Seems like a good deal to me...?

·
Registered
504 Posts
This thread is old and over, the best price anyone can get is by experience and that is wait till end of month on a weekday and lowball the crap out of it and work your way up. Always works for me and I don`t need to work as hard for a "maybe" 500.00 coupon here or there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Triple A got me way more than $200 off... they got me over $3000 off! Charged me $225 for the service, but I came out way better than any deal I was able to work myself. They have a car buying service and their guys do everything. I never had to step onto the dealer lot. Two days after I bought mine it was in my driveway. Made the check out to Triple A, signed 5 pieces of paper and that was that.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There is no "one size fits all" with buying a car. FCA, regional distributors and dealers run internal sales challenges where there can be an unadvertised incentive going on. The only thing you care about is the price of the vehicle. You don't care if it's from a factory campaign, or some special or the vehicle is on the lot and will start accruing interest next Monday.

Although buying services and websites are good, do NOT assume that that's all you need. When pricing out my Wrangler back in 14, I used Tru Car. They give you a range of possible prices. The useful thing I got from Tru Car was the dealer doc fee. Realize that the Doc Fee is a totally bogus fee for nothing but dealer profit. It pays for nothing. I have bought cars for below true dealer cost because the doc fee makes up for it. One more thing on Tru Car.....their lowest price with their coupon was $1600 more than what I paid for my Wrangler, which I factory ordered. There's no substitute for doing your homework.

Also realize that dealers may not give you a price that someone else got. Just because Joe in Montana bought a Wrangler on the lot for $2000 under invoice that doesn't mean that you can buy one from a Florida dealer for that. You might not even be able to buy it at invoice. Every dealer sets its price and there are certainly dealers out there who don't play the lowest price game.

If you're an FCA supplier (I am), that price is laughable and always has been. Every single dealer will give you a price that's better than the supplier discount. Walk into a dealer and ask them if you can get a Wrangler below the supplier discount price. They won't even hesitate because they can kill that price so easily.

Good Luck and happy hunting.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I used this process while negotiating for my 2 door 2018 JK sport. I bought it in June just as the JL's were hitting the dealers floors and I didn't want to buy a JL for two reasons...

1. Never buy a vehicle during the first production year.
2. $4,000 increase in price vs. JK.

It was a base model sport with automatic transmission (so wife could enjoy), A/C, wheel locks (not sure why w/ steel wheels), & running boards. MSRP was $28,900. Dealer didn't want to show me invoice but my offer was $25,000. After a couple hours of hassling, telling them they needed to move the JK's to make room for the new JL's, the salesman going to their finance manager with back and forth offers, I stuck with $25,000. The dealer wanted to remove the accessories, which they listed as $850, I told them to go ahead but they would have to pay their mechanic to do so.

Ultimately, we finally agreed to my offer of $25,000 with the stipulation I used their financing for 3 months so the dealer could get their kickbacks. I've since refinanced. All-in, it's a fun process but IMO, these jeeps are getting crazy expensive!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Not Jeep related, but a friend of mine bought a loaded F150 Crew Cab that had an MSRP of $55k ... out the door... for only $30k. He did so using multiple car buying services and slowly whittling them down to where only two remained and the dealers basically war with each other until you accept the final one. Wonder if the same thing would work with a Jeep Wrangler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I’m new here and I’m Looking to get some help, please. Im looking at a 2018 Jk Rubicon 2drs. Here is the breakdown:
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 24R package , 5 speed automatic transmision, alpine premium 9apeakers/subwoofer, 4.10 gear ratio, cold weather group and connectivity group.
Total invoice: $ 38936

I received an offer of 5% off from the dealer
The net price it will be $36.989 plus tax tag/title and documentation fee.

How it looks?

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

201 - 220 of 231 Posts