Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as long as I am doing it on my cj I'll pass along my new found knowledge. The yellow jeep is the one I'm putting the yj doors on. The white yj is the pickapart donor. As you can see there's not only the latch that is different but the yj has a vertical brace that holds the Stationary portion of the latch. The third picture is the vertical brace removed from the donor. In the 2nd picture you can see the cj has a horizontal brace that's in the way of putting the yj brace. I'm going to carefully cut way the bare minimum of that horizontal brace. But that's for the next installment. Now everyone is welcome to chime in an offer ideas or knowledge on how to do this. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok as long as I am doing it on my cj I'll pass along my new found knowledge. The yellow jeep is the one I'm putting the yj doors on. The white yj is the pickapart donor. As you can see there's not only the latch that is different but the yj has a vertical brace that holds the Stationary portion of the latch. The third picture is the vertical brace removed from the donor. In the 2nd picture you can see the cj has a horizontal brace that's in the way of putting the yj brace. I'm going to carefully cut way the bare minimum of that horizontal brace. But that's for the next installment. Now everyone is welcome to chime in an offer ideas or knowledge on how to do this. Thanks
OK so it turned out to be pretty simple, I found this method in an old jeep forum thread

ForumRunner_20150520_214452.jpg

ForumRunner_20150520_214506.jpg

This seems really solid and only took about a half hour per side

1 - 7 of 7 Posts