Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going with an SOA on my next YJ. I'm liking the RubiconExpress kit that Quadratec offers because it uses 1.5" lift springs, which would give me about 7" of lift.

Now the question...I know the 35s would be no problem, but could I comfortably fit 37s? I'm referring to this Jeep build as "Project MudSlut", and I won't be doing any rock crawling, so I don't suspect I'd need alot of articulation room.

My buddy's TJ has 8 inches of lift with 33s, and I don't like the look, nor think its safe, so I wanna get the most tire under the Jeep that I can.

All input welcome :D

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i say 37 on 10" wide wheels no problem then. as much as i hate mudder yj's:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is the same lift I have and you will be able to fit 37" tires no problem without cutting. i made the mistake of cutting my fenders and now I have so much room I am going to 40" tires and dana 60's. on the other note and not to hi jack your thread but I have some 37" mtr's that I was going to use on my jeep for sale here as well. :firedevil:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f14/37-mtrs-and-beadlocks-fs-in-il-24042.html

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
what a shmuck, pluggin his tire sale:D...joking.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
do you know of any tires that size that are for sale?:D

·
Registered
588 Posts
got a buddy running 2" bds springs soa and 42s on 60s.....plenty of room for those....he is wider but that lets him flex more than stock axles so i think that you should fit 37s no prob.....another buddy runs 2" bds springs soa on stock width axles and 36 iroks which are 36.8"s tall so i dont see why you would fit them in that scenario either

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the same lift I have and you will be able to fit 37" tires no problem without cutting.
Will they fit without the flat fenders though? I'm keeping the stock fenders.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Will they fit without the flat fenders though? I'm keeping the stock fenders.
Yep thats part of what I meant when I said no cutting, if you were to flex it out you might rub the back of the front fender flare but you really need to flex it alot with that lift to get it to stuff that far. I have already done it, you will gain closer to 8 if you use the RE spring perches as well. And as a bonus if you use those perches you can use the extra holes to gain some wheelbase as well.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay excellent! Thank you very much 78cj7 :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
i say 37 on 10" wide wheels no problem then. as much as i hate mudder yj's:D
Hate mudder YJs leave the forum YJs are the leader of the mudding pack in my neck of the woods, well besides the buggies but thats not street legal lol
Just kiddin about leavin the forum your a BAMF and have helped me alot

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
Hate mudder YJs leave the forum YJs are the leader of the mudding pack in my neck of the woods, well besides the buggies but thats not street legal lol
Just kiddin about leavin the forum your a BAMF and have helped me alot
i wish i new what BAMF means, clue me in:D

i was kidding about hating, but i'm not a BIG mudder fan, but to each their own. in my stupid opinion, jeeps are "better" than mudders. whatever that means. they can do so much more. i'd rather see an old blazer or ford truck be a muddder. but, thats why there's so many different jeeps around.

but that is really just one dumb opinion, and muddin is fun. i'd build a mudder some day, but it would be a junky old full size big motor beast, and the mud is just so bad for them.

but sometimes the mud is what is around, so go out and enjoy it. :D

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i think i figured out bamf, but still clue me in.:D

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
i didnt know you were a big and mild female doc? :D

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i thought it was bald angry monkey freak.:D

·
Registered
640 Posts
BAMF= Bad ass Motha f**ka and theres trails around here that involve mud but I like the mud too thats what I usually drive thru that and the river here its low but fun, they got rid of our old trail that was all mud and kind of like a crawler course cuz it was slide off trail get your tub all ****** up go the other way, end up in the trees:punk:

·
Registered
588 Posts
did anyone mention that you will most definitely need a traction bar with this soa set up...or does the kit come with it....you will be bustin pinion yokes all the time without one

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
did anyone mention that you will most definitely need a traction bar with this soa set up...or does the kit come with it....you will be bustin pinion yokes all the time without one
not necessarily. it depends on your spring set up. ive gotten by without one for a year or so now.....although i do plan to build one at some point

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, the kit doesn't come with one, thank you for cluing me in on that though :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts