Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving down to SoCal over Xmas break (I'm from the Bay Area). I am deciding what car to drive. Obviously, my outback will be a smoother ride, but I've always wanted to try out some SoCal off road spots.
Are you guys planning any runs around Christmas time?
My jeep is a 2001 Wrangler

mine is the closest black one with no doors.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Motor vehicle

·
Registered
839 Posts
There are always runs but some/most of the better runs in big bear we wont be able to do if there is alot of snow.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
MNTNGOAT said:
There are always runs but some/most of the better runs in big bear we wont be able to do if there is alot of snow.
Can you imagine Holcomb Creek, or John Bull under 3 feet of snow. Not for me. Lol

·
Registered
839 Posts
Well i ran holcomb, JB nd gold mntn last year in dec nd jan. So theres a possiblity we could run them.

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
MNTNGOAT said:
Well i ran holcomb, JB nd gold mntn last year in dec nd jan. So theres a possiblity we could run them.
Yeah we did good last winter & got lucky. I think we only had to move one run from BB to Pilot Rock, we live in a great area for all season wheelin. I want to hit some desert spots this winter....

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
I will most likely be running Calico; as I'm not a snow fan. Calico is pretty bada$$. My photobucket is full of Calico pics if you want to take a look at what's out there. There's also easier stuff there as well.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I H8RDS said:
I will most likely be running Calico; as I'm not a snow fan. Calico is pretty bada$$. My photobucket is full of Calico pics if you want to take a look at what's out there. There's also easier stuff there as well.
Get a Dog to keep you warm. A snow run is Def in order one of these days.

Whoop Whoop!!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Get a Dog to keep you warm. A snow run is Def in order one of these days.

Whoop Whoop!!!
I've got 3 you can choose from, lol.

I've used Leo to keep me from freezing to death on a dove hunting trip, he's an awesome bed warmer and all he wants is a couple dog treats :thumb:

Oh, he does snore though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Lab Lover said:
I've got 3 you can choose from, lol.

I've used Leo to keep me from freezing to death on a dove hunting trip, he's an awesome bed warmer and all he wants is a couple dog treats :thumb:

Oh, he does snore though :rolleyes:
And don't forget the dog farts. Lol. Some of those are near lethal.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Gotta watch what you feed them. A snow run would be way way fun.
Like this.
Hye Krawlers - John Bull Trail Snow Run - YouTube

At $90.00 a bag for food, Leo doesn't fart. Lol,

I don't care for the snow, don't like being cold at all. I do however, want to take a trip to the snow this year so my grandson can see it.

Mocha dog is from Montana and loved the snow up there, so I would like to take him to go play in it too. I think he misses it and that's why he un-stuffs the white poly fill from all the dog beds all over the yard :cool:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, I guess it's settled then. The jeep is making a trip down south. I'll keep an eye out for trips that are being planned once the date gets a little closer.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
well, I guess it's settled then. The jeep is making a trip down south. I'll keep an eye out for trips that are being planned once the date gets a little closer.
Stay along the coast on your way down and you can take a nice drive down on the beach in Pismo. If nothing else it's a great place to get some pictures.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lab Lover said:
Stay along the coast on your way down and you can take a nice drive down on the beach in Pismo. If nothing else it's a great place to get some pictures.
roger that. I'll probably make it a two day drive, with camping along the way (weather depending of course)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts