Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum but not new to jeeps!

Drove a 99 for about three years before I started to have to pay my own bills! 6 speed on 32.5 MTR's with a 2 inch puck lift. Had A/C and everything, it was great but the radiator blew, then the tie rods were on their way out so I had to get into something new.

I just recently bought a 2016 JKU in Rhino and its beautiful.

I bought the bare bones one due to trying to keep my payments low so unfortunately Im on the 3.21 gears.

QUESTION: Who here is on 3.21 gears and driving on 35s? It is flat down here, so how bad is it really? I drive to Jupiter from West palm for work every day but its only like a 15 min drive. Im really not that concerned about gas because anything is better than that 99. Its my daily driver, Im not really going to take it off road. Just want it to look pretty :winner:

I planned on getting rid of the tire carrier and getting a procal when the time is necessary.

P.S mines auto

Attachments

·
Registered
34,119 Posts
and enjoy the forum! I hope to see you at some of our events and shows.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Warm welcome from PSL!

Unfortunately I have ow first hand experience with 3.21's and 35's. One of my JKU's has 3.21's and auto which has 32's and is at limit IMO of usability. I had another auto which had 3.73's and 35's. That too was at limit. With normal driving it was fine on the highway, however, with a 18' boat in tow 5th gear was all but absent. Unfortunately using most 4x4 shops in the area to regear will run you in the mid $1000 range. Most quotes I got averaged $1600 including the cost of gears.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in Boca, about to be on 35's in a Sahara - that puts me 3.21 - I'm anticipating nothing but better - there's some great trail rides at JW Corbett west down BlueHeron/Northlake about 20 miles.

Can't have a jeep without muddin it up a little :)

I'm new as well - and haven't owned a jeep since 89 -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts