Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay just replaced the calipers, pads, shoes and lines on my 94. The pedal is soft. Pedal goes almost to the floor but does stop the jeep. I bled the brakes. Could there still be air in the lines? Or is there something else going on? Anybody have suggestions?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Sounds like air is still in the system. Did you start at the farthest from the master cylinder and work your way in? RR-LR-RF-LF.......Sometimes it takes a couple of rounds to get all the air out.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Make sure the bleeders on the caliper are on top. The front calipers will mount on either side but the bleeders will be down. You'll never get the air out.

I got two passenger clipers from the parts store once...

Also rear brake adjustment on the shoes can effect pedal feel.

Most likley it's still air. I have had great luck gravity bleeding on jeeps. You can try that first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had a similiar issue, did the same as you, new calipers (bleeders up ;-), lines, + rear pads, master cylinder, finally changed the "booster" no more issues. Did I miss anything..... nope, pretty much changed the whole system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yamjam...gravity bleed? I Went through it again this morning. Seemed to be spot on. Then when I went back out to go again the light was on and the pedal was soft. I am assuming I have a leak some where? Thoughts.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Does the pedal start firm then loose "feel" as you stop?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great advice guys. I appreciate it. Still soft but, stops me just fine. I'll try to adjust the back breaks soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts