Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! New to forum, new to Jeep. Apologize in advance for the newbie question. We picked up a 2007 Jeep Wranger TJ for my son's graduation - his dream car. The owner had replaced the OEM top with a new one, and we can't figure out how to get it down. I know there are several types of tops, and am not sure which type this one is. It has a rear and side windows that zip out, and is on a frame. The frame unclips at the front, but then doesn't really move up or down. There appears to be some type of mechanism over the front doors. I know this isn't much to go on, but I'm not really sure how to describe it. I can't find a brand or part number on it anywhere. If someone has an idea how to fold this type up, down, or whatever it does, I'd really appreciate it. I've attached some photos of the mechanisms in case that helps.

Thank you,

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
If it is a 2007, it is not a TJ. If it is a 2007, post to the JK forums.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
No don't repost...
We'll just get this one moved

That said,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for moving, and the video was perfect. However, I'm confused. When I do a vin lookup, it says we have a 2007 TJ. I'm told here if it's 2007, it's not aTJ. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all of the help! The key was sliding the plastic tube forward to allow the frame to bend. Works exactly like it's supposed to now! As to the question on what model year this really is, I'm posting a few photos that may help.
20190613_172647.jpg

20190613_172657.jpg

20190613_172719.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts