Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a soft top for 100 bucks. the top is fine it has one little rip but all the zippers on the windows are broken. should i take it to a fabric shop or should i just get a replacement top since i already have the hardware. if you think i should get a replacement top, what kind should i get cause im thinking best top?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I was going to get my back window zipper replaced for $75 but have not gotten around to it yet. If you have to have all your zippers replaced it will probably be a bit more. I am even considering getting a whole new top and if I do it will be Bestop Sail Cloth. I have read many reviews and posts and this is the top of the line supposedly. I would get some prices first regarding having all the zippers replaced but if you have a rip too then you may consider spending a little more for a complete new top.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Get the replace a top if you have factory hardware. Same basic top as the factory top.

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
I would be careful buying Rampage products off Amazon. Here is an add for a Suzuki top for $142.44 but they are showing a Jeep in the picture. Big difference in price as well. About $130~$180 more and you can have the right one. Depending on where you buy it from. Just watch yourself and read the description and part numbers carefully.

Allen

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeap, I had seen that listing a long time ago. I make it a habit to double check a listings item number and cross reference it with the manufactures website for proper application.
Also in the case of the Suzuki top as a Jeep top, if you read the review, it mentions that the top had snaps. Jeep tops haven't had snaps since the days of the CJs.
On my bowless Rampage, it arrived in two days, the box was a little rough, but the top was perfect. Ordered it on a Wednesday, arrived on Friday, sold it on Monday...but only because I purchased a hard top on Sunday for $600.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought a Bestop sail cloth replace-a-top because some low-life slashed my window on my factory top, and i've been needing a new top for over a year because two tiny tears. It seems a bit thinner that the factory top, but i believe as far as replacements go, it's about the best you can do. Looks good, easy to install, super quiet... I'm pleased. But with the weather getting colder, I'd do my install in a warm garage. They mean it when they say the cold makes it tough to get it to fit.

A bit pricey, but I suppose you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a new top, not used, you can't beat it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I would be careful buying Rampage products off Amazon.
:confused: why would you be careful buying it off Amazon? I bought my Rampage frameless top for $280 off Amazon. No problems here, came a week after the purchase and I'm really happy with it! If you're in the market for a frameless, go with the Amazon purchase no hesitation!

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
:confused: why would you be careful buying it off Amazon? I bought my Rampage frameless top for $280 off Amazon. No problems here, came a week after the purchase and I'm really happy with it! If you're in the market for a frameless, go with the Amazon purchase no hesitation!
The reason I linked is a good one. I didn't mean to infer to NOT buy from Amazon at all. I merely meant that when doing a search for said top on Amazon the results in that price point showed the example I posted and one should be careful and fully read the description or research the part number of the product you are buying as to not have issues. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts