Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. A few weeks ago I noticed the driver rear corner of my soft-top seemed to have more give in it than normal. I looked over everything real closely and saw that the driver side strap that connects the rear bar to the middle bar (sorry, don't know the names for all this) had come free of one of the rivets in the front. Basically the rivet was still there, but the strap had pulled free. Well.....of course as luck would have it, went to put the top back up yesterday and the strap broke free of the remaining rivet. So now the strap is completely disconnected from the middle bar.

Any way to fix this? Can I drill out the rivets and redo it somehow? Is that what holds them in, rivets?

Should I just take it to the dealer if its not an easy fix. I hate to leave it like that for too long and start straining other parts of the top since that seems to provide some strength between the bars.

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 06 had the same problem... I used pop rivets and a washer to fix it myself...

Did you have to replace the strap?....or was your's still useable?

Did you just use a basic rivet tool from Home Depot or wherever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Did you have to replace the strap?....or was your's still useable?

Did you just use a basic rivet tool from Home Depot or wherever?

Thanks!

same strap.. I just poked the rivet head thru the webbing ..

yes, just your basic run of the mill $8.00 rivet gun... :wavey:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Mine is popped off one side and I noticed this about 2 weeks ago. It was just last night I realized why the strap is there. I have the rivet gun already so I'll fix it preemptively. Thanks for the heads up! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts