Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I take my soft top off am I supposed to take off the c-pillar? It looks kind of odd with it on and half doors but I didnt know if I should be removing it.

Also if I remove the c-pillar is it going to be an issue reinstalling it? I mean will I have an issue with leaks or having my soft uppers sealing?

thanks

Lloyd

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i did a search but no luck.

so any input is great

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,071 Posts
When I take my soft top off am I supposed to take off the c-pillar? It looks kind of odd with it on and half doors but I didnt know if I should be removing it.

Also if I remove the c-pillar is it going to be an issue reinstalling it? I mean will I have an issue with leaks or having my soft uppers sealing?

thanks

Lloyd
Totally up to you. If it looks odd to you remove it. Reinstalling it every time may prove to be a hassle, but if you want to remove & reinstall every time you lower the top there shouldn't an issue.
Just pay attention to the seals when you reinstall the door surrounds so none of the seals are folded over. If the seals are folded over (especially where the door surround meets the windshield) you'll get a leak.

Remove them and enjoy the openness of your half doors

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, its the surround piece (what I assumed was called the c-pillar) for my half doors.

I was just worried about leaking for when I put them back on but sounds like if I take my time when reinstalling I shouldnt have issues

thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just a thought.... if you remove the surrounds... I have found that when I put them back on, I leave the securing knobs loose, close the door so the seals find their "home", then snug down on the knobs. No leaks yet doing it that way.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a thought.... if you remove the surrounds... I have found that when I put them back on, I leave the securing knobs loose, close the door so the seals find their "home", then snug down on the knobs. No leaks yet doing it that way.
thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts