Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have turned my tj into a daily driver, I had it up nirth this weekend and the softie windows got pretty dirty inside, so I was wondering what the best way is to clean them without scratching them, and also is there a treatment that should be applied to the soft top? The soft top is brand new from bestop! Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would recommend going to any place that sells marine supplies and getting a product called IMAR Strataglass Protective Cleaner, or any cleaner that is compatible with stratta glass for the windows. Never use any ammonia, bleach, or alcohol based products... and no simple green.
:D

·
Knows a couple things...
49,415 Posts
The biggest secret to not scratching your vinyl windows is to NEVER EVER use paper towels on them. Paper towels are made from pulverized wood products which leave a bazillion little microscopic scratches every time you wipe the windows. Eventually, they build up into a haze which will cause the window to trap/absorb more heat & UV which causes them to yellow.

Nothing exotic, special, or expensive is needed to keep them sparkling clear & scratch free. Rinse them off with a hose, get as much off with a hose as you can. Then using a very mild (weak) soapy solution, use a sponge to clean the remaining dirt off taking care not to rub on the dirt. Then dry them off with an old soft cotton towel, old clean baby diapers, etc.

Did I say not to use paper towels? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts