Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first car was a '99 Amigo soft top, and now that I have my first jeep ('15 JKU), im looking for a soft top that functions similar to that...aka, easy to go topless, or at least have the front and rear seats uncovered.

The glide looked promising, but ive been reading a lot of reviews and seems to be quality/bug issues there. Everyone says OEM is easy, but it looks like you have to just about disassemble the thing and fold the fabric origami-style to go topless.

So whats the quickest/easiest top out there? The amigo was literally 2 latches, remove windows and flop it back. the fabric was tight to the bars, so no folding needed. And if you didnt care about your windows, you could drop the top even without removing them.

Am I looking for something that doesnt exist, or can someone out there answer my prayers?

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
I don't think you are going to find one. As far as removing the side/rear windows an undoing two latches, yes. You can probably then just flop it back, but it's better if you do take a few minutes and work the folds in the fabric between the bows and flip the rear sails in.

As to folding it with the windows in, not going to happen, for the roof bows go up before they go back and down and the window will keep it from going up.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
My top is down and windows off in <15 mins taking my time. Not sure how much faster you need to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts