Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a soft top I bought off ebay. I didn't have much info when I bought it, other than the pictures and description showing it was a year old, and came with tinted and clear windows. Cool. When I got home last night I started installing it. It had been very well packaged for me when I picked it up, so I didn't check it prior to bringing it home.

So anyway, as I'm installing it, I figure I'll use the tinted windows since the rear windows on my JKU are tinted. I unwrap the top and note that it's the premium soft top and in mint condition, just a little dirty. Very nice. Then the tinted windows are not the premium. Right now I have them installed with the premium top and it looks pretty bad. I'll take them off and use the premium windows this morning.

So my dilemma is really about the tinted windows. Is there a way to tint the soft top windows? Or should I sell it and look for something with tinted windows?

Not the worst problem in the world to have, but still looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd just look for tinted windows. I see them on CL every now and again here locally. No need to waste a whole top for modular pieces. Don't know if I have ever seen anyone successfully tint the plastic clear windows.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd just look for tinted windows. I see them on CL every now and again here locally. No need to waste a whole top for modular pieces. Don't know if I have ever seen anyone successfully tint the plastic clear windows.
Thanks for the tip!

We got home today and it rained on the jeep with the soft top on...and a bunch of water leaked in over the driver and passenger doors. Not sure if the soft top is for me after all.

Although I really do like the look and the utility of the top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts