Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is common or not... I have had a soft top on my 2015 JK Unlimited now for about 3 weeks and it's now stretched and much easier to put up and down but... At the front above the windshield the latch above the drivers seat slams down real hard and is almost impossible to pry open with your bare fingers while on the passenger side it pushes past the point of resistance and then almost shuts completely but doesn't slam nearly as tight as the drivers side. It doesn't actually clamp tight at all. It isn't loose per say... It's not going to pop open on it's own I don't believe but it doesn't slam shut hard like the drivers side...

Is it normal for the front clamps to be a bit tighter or looser from one side to the other?

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Someone with a bit more experience would probably need to chime in, but I have had mine about 3 weeks as well.

On mine it seems the latch barely clears the hook. Maybe mine hasn't stretched out enough. But to answer your question, mine seems to be about even on both sides. By chance have you completely removed your soft top and re-installed it? I'm wondering if something isn't quite square.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Same here, about 4 weeks. Mine too still needs a push to get the hook over the footman loop even with the rear sail panels not fastened. However, both snap down with slight force and are similar in doing so.

Does everything else fit good on the top?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I haven't had mine for very long either. I understand what you are talking about, mine seems to be the same way. The 2 latches don't seem to close with identical force. I thought it was odd. I drove in a very heavy downpour a few days ago and had zero leaks. I am really impressed with how well my soft top seals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes everything else seems ok. It appears as though it's the latch itself. The drivers side slams shut so hard it actually chipped the paint on the metal tab attached to the windshield.

I suppose I can live with it...

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Mine is the opposite sides from yours, but does the same. The passenger side seems to sort of snap closed with force. The drivers side doesn't have that same snap to it. It closes fine, just not the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts