Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have what I believe to be the factory soft top, I think the original owner only used the hard top as this is in great shape. One issue I'm not sure about though is the vertical frame part that curves around the doors. Mine don't seem to have enough tension to stay in the hole on the "bed rail" parts. See pics, hopefully it explains it more than any words?
Obviously the side panels are off to show the frame, having the panel on doesn't change anything.

How can I get this to stay in? when I close the doors it just pops out?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Wow. Super rare option. Dual top.

Is there a hole in the very bottom of that tube? If not, is there room to drill a small hole and secure it with a small hitch pin underneath?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had had one just like that but can't remember how it went but it did not need a pin in the bottom to hold it in. It looks like it is sticking to far out in the door jam to me, are you sure that piece does not belong on the other side? may need to just swap the two brackets that hold the bottom of the rod. I know mine did nit sit out in the way of the door shutting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bracket is riveted and therefore is no able to be switched. the rails are fitted to the contours on each side so I can't switch the rails over.
I may be able to get something that provides a threaded insert in the bottom of the pole, it doesn't stick through far enough to have a "cotter" style pin.
I will give the insert a try and let you know thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts