Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The summer was great so I took my soft top down and I put it back up last month and ever since then I've had a horrible wind noise come from the passenger side where the softtop seals at the windshield. This is an '08 JKU so I have looked around on the forums and I think its the plastic header warping which was common from what I read. I don't have any pictures because I'm at school but from the looks of it the top is up a little where the passenger side is not major but slightly noticable. If this warping is the issue do I just need the new metal replacement header or are there any more parts I would need to buy aswell. Also this JKU was bought used so I'm not sure about the warranties. Thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same issue. Went to the dealer and they replaced the whole top. The easy way to fix is to just replace with a metal header.. I have an 08 jk. I got lucky I can tell you with my top being replaced but that's cause my dealer dropped the ball

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same issue. Went to the dealer and they replaced the whole top. The easy way to fix is to just replace with a metal header.. I have an 08 jk. I got lucky I can tell you with my top being replaced but that's cause my dealer dropped the ball
The only issue I have is the Jeep was bought used from another dealer in another state would the dealer still replace the header or top even if I didn't buy it there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts