Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my windows and hardware for the front upper for my doors. I'm trying to install them for the first time and when I shut the door (looking at the drivers door) the top right hits the back window. I have the plastic clips in the door. Any help would be appreciated.
 

·
Jeeper
Joined
·
11,419 Posts
Can you post a pic, that might be more helpful for those of us who are YJ challenged.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,207 Posts
if ur yj challanged, help a tj'er:rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
what year yj and more pics please of all views inside and out.
almost looks like the wrong top door half
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I just recently installed a soft top on my 95 YJ and I had a problem with driver side not lining up correctly also. The door itself on mine just sits at a little bit of a weird angle on the hinges which make the whole thing be slightly off. Not sure if this is the cause of the problem you are having but I would check to make sure. In my experience no 2 jeep half doors fit exactly alike so you might have to even bend it to fit if thats the case,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Is the half top pins pushed all the way down into the door? Also is your soft top rail <behind the door> set correctly into the groove <in the track on the tub>? Also is the rubber surround, on the door top(s), setting into the plastic track <on the windshield> correctly, and not being smashed in front of them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hannahuffster said:
Is the half top pins pushed all the way down into the door? Also is your soft top rail <behind the door> set correctly into the groove <in the track on the tub>? Also is the rubber surround, on the door top(s), setting into the plastic track <on the windshield> correctly, and not being smashed in front of them?
Everything looks good. The top is on correctly and has been for a week now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Well, if the rubber surround on the door top is setting into the windshield frame channel like it should and there is that much over-lap on the back side of the door surround I would say it just isnt going to fit, unless... Is the gap above the door and the top of the door surround even across the top or does it look like there is more room 'tword the back of the door top than the front? I think it may be an issue with the door top's pegs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
They make these rings that go around the bottom posts that go into the door. Slide them up and down accordingly to line the window up and there is an allen screw that tightens it down. My girl has them on hers. Ill take pics in the morning and upload them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
When I bought my YJ, my drivers door had the same problem, My solution....
Take the upper skin off, stand it straight up and stand on the rear of the frame (where it overlaps in your pic) and tweak it forward, set it in the half door without the skin on and repeat if necessary. Once you have an equal looking gap all the way around, put the skin back on. A simple wire frame like the half door uppers use can get get bent and tweaked out of alignment with everyday use and abuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NewYJOwner said:
When I bought my YJ, my drivers door had the same problem, My solution....
Take the upper skin off, stand it straight up and stand on the rear of the frame (where it overlaps in your pic) and tweak it forward, set it in the half door without the skin on and repeat if necessary. Once you have an equal looking gap all the way around, put the skin back on. A simple wire frame like the half door uppers use can get get bent and tweaked out of alignment with everyday use and abuse.
It was just such a pain in the ass to get if on there to begin with!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YJPunisher213 said:
They make these rings that go around the bottom posts that go into the door. Slide them up and down accordingly to line the window up and there is an allen screw that tightens it down. My girl has them on hers. Ill take pics in the morning and upload them.
Sweet. I will be looking forward to that
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top