Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
every since i bought my 2002 cant seem to get the two front header latches to clip in.. they are always about am inch to high to go in.. any ideas? sorry kind of newb question

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have had the top down for a while the fabric may have contracted. If you have a second pair of hands, have them push on the rear of the top. You may even want to use you free hand, outside your door, to pull the top down and forward.
i will try that thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you have had the top down for a while the fabric may have contracted. If you have a second pair of hands, have them push on the rear of the top. You may even want to use you free hand, outside your door, to pull the top down and forward.
Hopefully this works. I know when I got my jeep I don't think the top had ever been off. It needed to be replaced and I did and never had a problem after that. Only takes me about 7 minutes to take down or put back up. Good Luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just put mine up after being down since May. I hooked my latches 1st, then clipped the back down. I had to stand on the rear bumper to get the rear passenger side in place. It was pretty tight though, but it had been down for months and it was in the upper 50's when I put it back up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i will try that thanks

I also noticed a few times when puting my top back up; as I would be focusing on latching the driverside, the pasanger side latch would end up above the window frame some how. Just something else to keep your eye on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also noticed a few times when puting my top back up; as I would be focusing on latching the driverside, the pasanger side latch would end up above the window frame some how. Just something else to keep your eye on.
ok! with the help of the wife push forward on the top i got it to latch!!:dance:
thank you to everyone who responded!:thumb: that was very aggravating to me

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the same problem , what i do is detach the soft top at the back tail gate area and the rear corners, then clamp the front , go back and pull the rear into place .

·
Registered
100 Posts
ok! with the help of the wife push forward on the top i got it to latch!!:dance:
thank you to everyone who responded!:thumb: that was very aggravating to me
:punk:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mrbat23 said:
I have the same problem , what i do is detach the soft top at the back tail gate area and the rear corners, then clamp the front , go back and pull the rear into place .
Yeah that's a good idea

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts

That is actually the order of the steps in my manual for my '04 never tried to hook the back first. Always header than the back for me...but have a half top now so it doesn't matter. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts