Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 88 has a hard top looking to do a softop .Gonna need all the hardware to fit it . Any recommendations on brand ? Possibly may want to put soft upper andr doors on it . Will that work with it also ?

·
Registered
443 Posts
There are plenty of options for soft tops that include frame and work with hard doors. Best top even has a 2 piece soft door that comes with their supertop.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11010_61X_07_PG.htm
At 1200$s its an investment.

Rampage makes this top
https://www.quadratec.com/products/11009_1235_07.htm
which is like the factory hardware accept at the front where it uses Supertop style hardware. I'm 99% sure you could use Supertop upper half and lower soft half doors with this top.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just sent a Rampage top back...didn’t fit. Like the Rock trying on Justin Bieber’s t-shirt

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Just sent a Rampage top back...didn’t fit. Like the Rock trying on Justin Bieber’s t-shirt

Never used Rampage anything but soft tops fit crazy tight when new. I have bought 2 new bestops over the years and you have to stretch them they can take all day or all weekend to put on.

I installed a supertop last fall and i pulled muscles in my arms i didn't know i had putting it on. I have not taken it off yet but it now fits nice and tight with no sags. I know when i take it off and put it back on this fall it should go on like a glove. It's just the way a new soft top is if they weren't super tight when new by the time they were a year old the roof would be sagging.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah, I run a hard top in the winter and even though it has been on 3 times it’s still a b!tch to get on in the spring.
I wonder how many soft tops these companies get returned a year because they don’t fit.
OP, soft tops are different for full doors and half doors. Just making sure you know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Rampage makes this top
https://www.quadratec.com/products/11009_1235_07.htm
which is like the factory hardware accept at the front where it uses Supertop style hardware. I'm 99% sure you could use Supertop upper half and lower soft half doors with this top.
Just picked this up - new for cheap.

I have a set of Bestop round upper doors too I'm planning to use along with my full doors and all fabric doors.

I'll post a write up for install. My kids are pretty active in sports all weekend, so finding time is impossible...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Never cared for the supertop design. Went back with factory hardware and replace-a-top. Doors seal better and don't have to be slammed.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bestop Sunrider.

I love it. I have had a Supertop which is similar in design and I do understand why some don't like how the doors fit but the flip back top is awesome. I have a Rampage frameless on my sons YJ and its OK although he has a roof rack and therefore never takes the top off (which is why we went frameless).

·
Registered
967 Posts
I use a hair dryer to heat the material at the trouble spots and it really becomes more pliable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts