Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive put a best top soft top on my 88 wrangler. now i really have to slam my doors to close them on both sides. without the half doors on the doors close great but with them on it is a pain in the a$$. maybe im not seeing it. any help?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Is the top interfering or is the striker out of line. It can be adjusted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the top of the half doors is hitting the soft top about 3 to 4 inches befor the door would be considered closed. which causes me to have to slam the doors to close them

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The tops of the half doors are adjustable. Open the door, put your fingers over the top of the door on the 2 top corners, have someone gently close the door to the first latch, and pull out on the top of the frame. If you go too far it will leak wind and rain. but it is adjustable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased a 1993 Wrangler YJ. I need a new top for it. It has a softtop and half doors. It's been 20 years since I had a Jeep and missed it. I had been shopping them and found this one I purchased. I would like to get new hardware also. What would be my best soft top options. I want something easy to take off but easy to put on also weather can change quickly here in the Midwest.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Try bending it out a little more, as was said don't make it too easy to close or rain will get in while driving. You can see while driving the upper door will tend to be pulled outward by the wind so adjust carefully.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I just purchased a 1993 Wrangler YJ. I need a new top for it. It has a softtop and half doors. It's been 20 years since I had a Jeep and missed it. I had been shopping them and found this one I purchased. I would like to get new hardware also. What would be my best soft top options. I want something easy to take off but easy to put on also weather can change quickly here in the Midwest.
There is another thread on this forum titled "best soft top" or something like that, you should find that thread, there are numerous posts and suggestions. Besttop makes a Sunrider model that comes with it's own frame and the front half of the top folds back leaving it open over the front seats. Check Quadratec or Morris 4x4 websites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts