Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter and I put the premium soft top on our 2014 JKUS yesterday. We really had to push on the back of the bows to get the front latches to reach. The back was not fastened yet. After we were done I noticed that it was misaligned on the from right corner, so I undid it. My helper was in bed, there was no way I could get the latches to reach by myself, even with the back undone. This is not a good scenario for being out alone. Is there a trick or method to get this done with one person? It was the first install and it was 70 degrees. I know it may relax over time, but what about now? Thanks in advance.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
There are several tricks in the soft top help thread. Have you checked there?

I think a few more warmer days should help a lot. 70s is still a little cool, I think.

Good luck!

·
Administrator
42,253 Posts
True, the relaxing over time thing won't help you now but believe me it gets better. You don't want it to be too easy because that would mean it would be loose while going down the road. I'm assuming you are installing it without the windows in yet, right? Also, 72 degrees has been touted as the magic min temp. Granted, you were very close but those two degrees could make a difference in a first time install.
I suggest you get it in place and let it set in the sun for a bit to soften up. Latch the front latches and then work on getting the rear corners hooked. Then you can install the windows.
I'm probably not saying anything you haven't already tried so hopefully someone will chime in with some different techniques.

I never use a hard top and really love my soft top, good luck with yours. More tips here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/soft-top-help-563993.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts