Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2014 JK that came with both a hard, and soft top.. I'm in the middle of frying to install the soft too and can't figure out how to mount the supplied hardware to the roll bar. Every video I have watched had a different type of bracket (standard) there is something different about mine, and it's driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Might seem like a silly question but did you unzip the padding that covers the roll bar? I haven't actually looked to see where it's bolted to the roll bar but I'm assuming there are bolt holes that line up with the bracket.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also, is this a 2 or 4 door. They mount differently.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
If I recall the mount point is under the velcro flap on the back roll bar near the seatbelt tentioner. If you look closely at the frame part that connects to the roll bar it will say "left" or "right" side with a directional arrow indicating up and down. Attach accordingly.

·
Registered
988 Posts
From the picture, you're looking at the "male" portion on the top. It will mate with the "female" bracket that you must bolt to your roll bar. The seller may not have included that. The portion you show in the picture does not bolt directly to the roll bar. You need to install/bolt the female bracket to the roll bar, then the pictured portion on your top hooks onto the bracket, then you bolt it with two bolts.

I just snapped some installed pics of mine on by 2013 (works same as 2014) and will upload shortly.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Here are two pics

https://goo.gl/photos/qmrknY3dnDWSqaMG9

In the first picture, you're looking out the back and can see the "female" portion of the bracket that's bolted to the roll bar. You can see where the tab on the top of the bracket on the soft top fits into the bracket mounted to the Jeep. Once you have the tabs attached on both sides, you bolt them together (you can see the bolt heads in the second pic)

In the second, you can see the mounted top looking forward from the rear. The bracket on your top is on top and closest, while the bracket mounted to the Jeep is closer to the front and under the soft top bracket.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out that I was missing the brackets that bolt onto the roll bar. Thanks everyone for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts