Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very new to the Jeep community and recently bought my first Wrangler! It's a hard top '15 JKU. I'm interested in getting a soft top for summer months as winter is brutal at times here but am in the gray on what years are compatible. I read in the soft top help sticky that all 07-15 tops are interchangeable but looking at tops for sale, they state certain years are compatible (i.e. 07-09). So my question is can I buy any year JKU top or does it have to be year specific? Mind you I need the bow and all the hardware as well. Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
357 Posts
All different years are compatible, but the way the hardware attaches to the rollbar is different for certain model years. When buying a top, you need to get the rollbar brackets for the year of the top, not the Jeep. The newer standard soft tops('13+, I believe) are nicer. The Premium (also '13+) are the nicest and came standard with the dual top group. I paid $525 plus an old set of TJ corner guards I had laying around for a brand new '14 Premium top minus the rollbar brackets. Fwiw, if you get one off Craigslist, check to make sure it has those brackets. The newer style brackets are cheap to buy, but the older ones are pretty expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's actualky where I've been looking. I found one on CL very close to me for $300. Says it's from an 08 (IIRC) wrangler x and comes with all hardware

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler rio grande edition. I need a soft top and hardware. What all tops will interchange with mine.

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
I have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler rio grande edition. I need a soft top and hardware. What all tops will interchange with mine.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts