Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue w the side windows not installing correctly. (I’m sure this is user error). When I drive above 60 mph, the wind catches the front flaps of the side windows and they come off the side door. Picture below shows the situation after highway driving.

It’s a 2017 Willys JK 2 door. Mopar frame and top with bestop replacement side windows.

Thoughts on how to stop this from happening?

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't have a 2 door or factory top/hardware, but what I see commonly on here is the front is not seated as designed. Somehow, some people don't get the front edge in the proper spot. It should actually fit in more of a "J" around the door surround instead or a "L".
Does that make any sense?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 wrangler sport. white. Rancho 2 inch lift. Falken 255 80/17
88 Posts
The facing front side of the window, at least on the OEM, has a stiff section that goes into the slot in the door frame area. I believe it can only slot in when the door is open. Did you have that slotted in when wind blew open window?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Like Tgil shows, the window should fold into the door frame in a 'J' fashion and can only be done when the door is open. Once the door is shut, there is no way for the window to come undone.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Having an issue w the side windows not installing correctly. (I’m sure this is user error). When I drive above 60 mph, the wind catches the front flaps of the side windows and they come off the side door. Picture below shows the situation after highway driving.

It’s a 2017 Willys JK 2 door. Mopar frame and top with bestop replacement side windows.

Thoughts on how to stop this from happening?
yup, take off that panel and slide it about 3/4-1" towards the front. The J bend as mentioned above will go around and behind it and hold it in place, then work the zipper.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
While my soft top is on my TJ, the process is the same. As mrbachand said, you start the upper zipper enough to hold the side window in place, then secure the front edge U that is stitched to the fabric into the slot in the door surround. Then you finish zipping the windows and then clip the bottom U into the lip on the top edge of the tub. Once properly installed, there is no way wind will pull out a window even with the doors off. But the door must either be open or off to secure the front edge of the window to the surround.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts