Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I got my 2015 jeep wrangler sport last summer and although I love it so much, nothing has been easy about it so far. This summer I wanted to switch from my hard top to my soft top. My soft top windows were worn down and flapped in the wind because they would not fit into the groove that is meant to hold them in. So I bought new windows - now that is fine BUT now the installation of the back window is giving me a hard time. It seems like the zipper for the body of the soft top is so worn down that I cannot properly align it to be able to zip both zippers all the way? It is fine for now because one zipper did go up and close the window but if I ever want to put the top down I will not be able to unzip the window to roll it up. It's a bummer because I have yet to be able to drive with the top down because of all the issues popping up. Any suggestions on getting the zipper to align? I really do not want to buy a whole new soft top because of that zipper. I am going to try to attach pictures as well! Any help is appreciated!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Find a Canvas shop they do tarps boat covers and ZIPPERS . About five years ago I had the same problem with my TJ . I took the TJ to the shop they put a big zipper on it works great and zero problems after five years . It still have the TJ my son drives it every day and uses the zipper all the time ( way better zipper then stock cost $30 )

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Hi! I got my 2015 jeep wrangler sport last summer and although I love it so much, nothing has been easy about it so far. This summer I wanted to switch from my hard top to my soft top. My soft top windows were worn down and flapped in the wind because they would not fit into the groove that is meant to hold them in. So I bought new windows - now that is fine BUT now the installation of the back window is giving me a hard time. It seems like the zipper for the body of the soft top is so worn down that I cannot properly align it to be able to zip both zippers all the way? It is fine for now because one zipper did go up and close the window but if I ever want to put the top down I will not be able to unzip the window to roll it up. It's a bummer because I have yet to be able to drive with the top down because of all the issues popping up. Any suggestions on getting the zipper to align? I really do not want to buy a whole new soft top because of that zipper. I am going to try to attach pictures as well! Any help is appreciated!!!

So, are you leaving the sunrider loose when you try zippering the windows in?
Try starting all of your zippers about two inches, with the sunrider loose, then close sunrider, and hook the latches but do not close them.
Now zipper all your windows up, and finally close the latches on your sunrider

1 - 3 of 3 Posts