Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,
Ive been having issues lately with my 07 Wrangler X. When raining water seems to be pooling at the bottom of the door and leaking at the bottom onto the floor of the passenger side mostly, but also the driver side. Recently the roof has also started to leak at the middle of the front windshield and slightly on the side corner of the drivers side. I’ve taken the top down and put it back up multiple times to see if it just was an issue of not sealing correctly, but its still leaking. Any advice? I really don’t want my interior or rugs destroyed haha. Thanks!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,387 Posts
You have a 14yo convertible. They leak... unless you start replacing seals. Go here and figure out what you need and start replacing. In addition, if it is leaking at the windshield/roof area at the front, Your top could be worn out and over stretched, not allowing it to fully seal.

If it were me, Id start looking for a new top: Jeep Soft Tops, Bikini Tops & Accessories | Quadratec

Reactions: Old Dogger

·
Premium Member
9,958 Posts
If your frame is in good shape, you can get a replacement top which is just the fabric and windows. If that is the original top, you have certainly gotten to use out of it.

When I replaced my entire top on my '03 TJ in '18, one thing I made sure to replace was the seal at the top of the windshield. They are not cheap, but they do wear out with use and age. The door seals may need replacing as well for the same reason. The rubber seals dry out and fail to provide a good seal after a number of years. Your '07 is at that point.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I dont know where u are at but I can get soft tops where I am basically brand new off craigslist for my jku for peanuts.

Facebook marketplace is also full of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.