Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been told by multiple jeep owners that my soft top makes alot of noise.. Everything clicks in fine and fits fine. what could it be? anyone have this issue? its an 09 with 30k miles

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
You of course realize that we're going to need substantially more information?

·
Registered
39,143 Posts
Check all your zippers, make sure its clipped on top of your doors, and if its still.making noise.. its just a jeep thing.

·
Registered
609 Posts
RHJEEP said:
so ive been told by multiple jeep owners that my soft top makes alot of noise.. Everything clicks in fine and fits fine. what could it be? anyone have this issue? its an 09 with 30k miles
Is it new for you or have you had it a while? Without really knowing what you're referring to I can say it took me a while to get the hang of closing my top the right way... Practice makes perfect

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive had it for 2 months and all the zippers are zipped up properly. it comes from the front top where the soft top meets the top of the windshield. but everything latches up fine. and i check the fitment of the top and it all fits flush. when i drive at 60+ theres no air that comes in. so im not sure, if its just me. i have to raise my voice a good amount sometimes for the person next to me to hear me. only reason i brought this up is because i was told it was loud from another jk owner that has a soft top also

·
Registered
621 Posts
one trick i read and used on my 07, was to cut a pool noodle to length and install it on top of the soundbar. helped with flapping of the top.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mine doesn't make any noise. But I can hear louder vehicles that are around my easier. My 08 Rubi wasn't loud either. IMO. Now my TJ's where all pretty loud.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
huh alright well ill look at everything again and make sure it is good. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've read some threads where the windshield creates a wind noise. Mostly it happens on Jeeps after a windshield has been replaced. You could perform a little experiment and run a line of tape around the windshield to cover the gap between the glass and the frame and see if that makes a difference.

Also check the leading edge of the rubber seal on the top of the windshield. And lastly compare your Jeep to a new one to see if your top clamps are pulling down tight.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was surprised just how quiet mine is with the soft top
Maybe the front seal is getting bad
Or like already mentioned the windshield
Seal is making noise

·
Registered
597 Posts
Didn't I read somewhere about replacing the plastic front edge with a newer metal one?. Does this jog anybodys memory?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Like Outlaw, my JK is very quiet riding down the highway. No raising my voice to be heard either. Pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
If I had to take a wild guess, the problem is attaching the top to the door surrounds correctly. It bends 3 times(forming a "U") not just twice (making an "L"). That's where people usually make mistakes putting on the soft top.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the door surrounds are fine. The other jeep owners have a soft top. and i might take it to the dealer and have them look at it. but like i said i dont feel any wind coming in while cruising.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Is this a 2 doors or a 4 doors? If it's a 4 door, did you take it in for the soft top recall?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts