Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

the other day, out fo nowhere something in the fram of my soft top JKU started rattling. it seems to be just right behind the driver's side head rest. I'm thinking it's something near the sunrider clip. has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
Mario

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Guys,

the other day, out fo nowhere something in the fram of my soft top JKU started rattling. it seems to be just right behind the driver's side head rest. I'm thinking it's something near the sunrider clip. has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
Mario
Mario,

I had something similar happen to me. It turned out to be the door surrounds. Specifically, where the door surround joins the sport bar and the threaded pins go through the tabs attaching the door surrounds to the sport bar. Everytime I hit a bump, it sounded like Ol' Billy Hell!

I noticed quite a bit of play in the door surround in contact with the sport bar. Tightening the tension knobs did nothing. I removed the door surrounds and decided that a quick fix would be to cut some electrical tape to fit the concave portion where the tabs slide over the sport bar. 4 or so pieces cut to fit for each point effectively silenced the annoying rattle. I'll see if I can't take a photo later today to illustrate my poorly worded description. Hope this helps.

JayHawker45

1 - 2 of 2 Posts