Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S when I put my soft top down the bars sit parallel to the roll bar. I think it should be parallel to the back of the jeep. I use bungis to secure but want to know what I am doing wrong. Is this OK?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's ok if you disconnect it from the roll bar it will lay flat.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had this exact same problem. You need to tuck the folds of the soft top towards the center of the jeep. It's the grey areas of soft top and the part pinched between the bars. This is what is resting on the roll bars causing the soft top bars to push up.. Just lift up a bit on the bars and tuck those corners in. They should fold at a 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
609 Posts
How did you fold the top before you lowered it? I always fold it back in a 'W' into the sunrider position first, then I lower it down and it lays parallel with the tub. I then run the Velcro straps that came it through one of the holes in the tub to keep it from bouncing around.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Would be great to see pics of how people fold their softtops. I feel like I'm doing mine wrong too because it doesn't fold right down.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
google is your friend. Lots of youtube video's and even a video on jeeps official site.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine lays flat in the tub, and I never bother with the velcro straps or bungees. I never really notice bouncing back there. The material bunched up between the bows keeps it from going completely flat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts