Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2012 JKUS for about a year and a half now and there has been more than once that I've wished I had a soft top option... Don't get me wrong, I love having a hardtop for several reasons... The thing is, on those nice days when by brother-in-law isn't around to help me talk off the top, I sure do wish I could just fold my top back and cruise.

Here's where the community comes in. What do YOU think the best options are for someone with no soft top (or even soft top hardware).

I'm sure there will be more than one person suggesting a bikini top, but I'm personally looking for something that I can close up for the night or shut the weather out.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing I forgot to include was the fact that, like most people, I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. Thanks again!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just looked around on Craigslist for a used soft top. I bought mine with a hard top (I live in Minnesota, and I don't want to deal with a soft top in the winter.) I found one for $300 with all the hardware. I ended up paying another $100 or so for the updated metal front header bar but in all, it was a good deal. Even after replacing the header bar, I had a slight leak in the front drivers side corner, but it was just that the foam was torn. $10 of weatherstripping to replace the factory foam piece and it's good as new. I came out way ahead price wise, and now I have the convertible for the summer. I haven't had my top up for over a week now...

·
Registered
606 Posts
I appreciate that you are trying to sell your product and if I had the dough, I would probably pony up and back you (I love kickstarter programs), but at just a tick over 800 for a 4-door soft top, it's a little higher than I would expect for a thread like this one... Now if you want to logo it up and send me one, I'll advertise your company until that thing falls off... Heck, you never know... You just may say yes... PM me if you are interested... Seriously...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just looked around on Craigslist for a used soft top. I bought mine with a hard top (I live in Minnesota, and I don't want to deal with a soft top in the winter.) I found one for $300 with all the hardware. I ended up paying another $100 or so for the updated metal front header bar but in all, it was a good deal. Even after replacing the header bar, I had a slight leak in the front drivers side corner, but it was just that the foam was torn. $10 of weatherstripping to replace the factory foam piece and it's good as new. I came out way ahead price wise, and now I have the convertible for the summer. I haven't had my top up for over a week now...
Craigslist in my area is about the LAST place you would look for anything parts-related... I tend to check the area 300 miles away for Craigslist parts (still haven't bought anything in that area either)... In either case, the market I'm in is cold as cold can be... At least what I've checked... Some forum members are VERY fortunate to live in Craigslist-happy locations... I don't... :(

Not a bad idea though... Just won't work for me... Thanks.

Anybody else?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm going to be ordering a new JK sport soon with only HT and I'll purchase one of the besttop Trek NX tops.

My reasoning is cost + I like frameless

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've had my Trektop NX for about a month now & LOVE IT! Got the best deal at JeepTopDepot. I paid $557 & got free shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts