1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
i'm confused, yj's fold down similarly. the cloth stays on the soft top frame, and folds back. am i not reading something right? side windows come out, and rear window rolls up, and top folds back.

i'm sure you know that, so i'm sure i'm missing something.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, I did not know that. My frame is really crappy!! I am missing most of my buttons on the door frame and the skeleton of my soft top is very screw up. Nice to know I appreciate the input. I guess it is time for a new top and frame. Anyone know a cheap place to get the frame and cloth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure where my first response to this went....

Any how, this may be somewhat of a long shot but try doing a search for salvage yards. Get hooked up with one of the parts locater services. They will send your request to a slew of yards in their network. Who knows somebody may have one on ashelf or in the yard. With something like that, just be cautious of where it is located and ask to see if they could send you some pics before you buy.

As an aside what year is your rig?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I actually just went through this...buying a new top and frame. Jcwhitney will cost you around 600, and the price goes up for tinted windows and soft doors and the such. I was fortunate that I checked e-bay and got a deal on a bestop with soft doors and it came with a bimini top in excellent condition AND it came with the complete frame, windshield channel and screws and all for only $325 including shipping!!!. But new ones on ebay have been running around 500-600.

I tried the junk yard route and they all laughed when i called and said I needed to do this in march...they wished me luck...chuckling. :mad:

But I got one now!!!:punk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts