Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New member and Jeep owner. I got my jeep in December and it came with just the gloss painted hard top, which I love and was a must have. But now that warmer weather is coming in the next few months here in PA, I am getting the itch to take off more than just the front two panels. I have two problems though:

1. I have badly wanted to upgrade to 33s and new wheels since I bought it
2. Storage of the hard top may be tight at my house

Any suggestions on which route to go?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Hi All,

New member and Jeep owner. I got my jeep in December and it came with just the gloss painted hard top, which I love and was a must have. But now that warmer weather is coming in the next few months here in PA, I am getting the itch to take off more than just the front two panels. I have two problems though:

Do you have a garage where you can put a hoist to hang your hard top?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
If you had to pick, I'd have to tell you to lean towards the soft top as it changes the entire experience of driving it. Wheels will make it look good, but the top all the way down is a whole other thing. If you get the top, you may have to consider getting a storage unit for storage...thats what I did b/c we have a small garage. That's my opinion, but not like you can go wrong.

Hi All,

·
Registered
357 Posts
just the gloss painted hard top, which I love and was a must have.
Is having a hard top an absolute "must have"? If so, then suggest as others and get the soft top first.

Or if you reconsider the need for a hard top, you could sell the top and use the funds for the soft top and wheels.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When I read the title I thought "Definitely tires/wheels". But after reading the thread, I agree with the others.
My wife and son absolutely love going topless/doorless.
I have a garage hoist for the hard top, so tires/wheels are next.
Best of luck in your decision!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi All,

I got a used top I'm selling off of my 2015 jku. Allentown pa - just saying:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts