Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to take the plastic windows with me when the top's down, but I don't want to just chuck 'em in the back. And I definitely don't want to scratch them.

What's the hot setup -- rolling them up in beach towels, or just rolling them up together with a velcro strap? Folding them up? Buying or making up a little vinyl bag for them?

What do you do?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
there are a lot of options depends if you want them with you.

I have a window bag made by an industrial seamstress, with material I purchased at Walmart.

Some people lay them on towels in there garage.

The best I heard if you don't need them with you---came from INFERNOGIRL a member here---use pants hangars and hang in garage.

There are also window rolls and bags from jeep parts companies.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The rear window is rolled up and hung by the soft top, which is folded down. the side windows i lay down in the back hatch.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Made my own roll up for it. got some felt a wally world 13 dollars, Some gromets Homedepot and velcrostraps. works great.

·
Registered
380 Posts
jp2611 said:
there are a lot of options depends if you want them with you.

I have a window bag made by an industrial seamstress, with material I purchased at Walmart.

Some people lay them on towels in there garage.

The best I heard if you don't need them with you---came from INFERNOGIRL a member here---use pants hangars and hang in garage.

There are also window rolls and bags from jeep parts companies.
Pictures would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good stuff. Thanks. Definitely don't want to scratch those puppies.

·
Registered
222 Posts
On my LJ the windows are long! So I roll them from the bottom up, then tuck them on the inner fender well and lower the top bars onto 'em to hold them in place. The rear window I roll down and leave in the channel as I lower the top onto it. Sure, they're starting to get a little scratched, but no bad. They're pretty well protected like that as long as I toss a strap around the whole top to keep it from bouncing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a roll up bag. There are five layers of soft cloth that sandwich the windows into a neat stack. That stack is then rolled up and slid into a bag.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Oh yeah...tip I read from member JD's Dream:

Buy a swimming pool noodle and wrap the roll around that when you're rolling the windows up...it'll keep the plastic windows from warping or sagging in the bag (by filling it up) on really hot days.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Oh yeah...tip I read from member JD's Dream:

Buy a swimming pool noodle and wrap the roll around that when you're rolling the windows up...it'll keep the plastic windows from warping or sagging in the bag (by filling it up) on really hot days.
Thanks for the tip, I will do that.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
I use the cloverleaf roll up bag. No complaints.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In the cooler weather I keep the side windows in place and just take out the back window completely and lay it in the back (no back seat). When I take the whole top down I've been laying the windows on towels in the garage but I read a thread recently where the poster says to buy dress hangers and clamp them onto the vinyl. Then you can hang them up on pegboard hooks. I have a pegboard that I don't use so I'm going to get the dress hangers today and try this out.

·
Registered
481 Posts
My wife just made me a roll up bag from canvas lined with fleece
It has built on straps that connect to my new soft top boot or will wrap around the
Soft top when down
She used the original cardboard cylinder
That the windows were packaged with
To roll it up with

I'll try and get some pics this weekend

1 - 18 of 18 Posts