Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you clean soft top windows with? Went from a 2010 hard top to 2015 Willys soft top, don't want to scratch the plastic.....I am sure there is some good info on how to do so. I had a 1963 Willys I scratched UP bad years ago when washing the plastic windows. Mine look like a scratch waiting to happen!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
What do you clean soft top windows with? Went from a 2010 hard top to 2015 Willys soft top, don't want to scratch the plastic.....I am sure there is some good info on how to do so. I had a 1963 Willys I scratched UP bad years ago when washing the plastic windows. Mine look like a scratch waiting to happen!!
You are correct. There is some good info. Read the "Soft Top HELP!!!" sticky.

Use Plexus for a cleaner and never use paper towels, use microfiber cloths. Also, always remove the rear and side windows before you put the top down. If you don't you'll get some scratches and pinch creases that don't come out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Novus 1 is what I use. Seems to be a popular choice.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I agree with Stealle. Plexus with cloth. (No paper towels) Plexus is expensive , but goes a long way. You'll probably find the best price for it on Amazon.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I use Plexus for normal cleaning. I have the Novus three step kit for polishing out scratches and marks. I think they are both good products. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always use the 505 Aerospace Protectant with a microfiber cloth. I'll have to look into this Plexus stuff everyone is talking about though.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Water from the garden hose, the same car washing liquid that I use on the rest of the Jeep, and two microfibre mitts (one for dirty one for clean) and follow the two bucket method.
No scratches on my 2010 after three summers and none on my 2013.

Maybe I am just not thinking hard enough about it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Plexus can be found at most motorcycle shops also. It works great on motorcycle plastics. Some have said that plexus is nothing more than furniture polish and have used furniture polish with the same results.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I like the plastic polishes for protecting the window after the windows are clean...helps them to clean "easier" next time.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts