Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to look to purchase a soft top for my JKU.

Found one on Craigslist that is te premium sun rider version new in the box. The seller is looking to get $950 for it. Sounds fair but I've never been through the spring yet and I know as the season goes on these tops will become available.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
It really depends on your area. Some guys have scored on new Premium 2014 soft tops for $400, and others can't seem to find them in their areas for less than $1000.

Depends on if there are a lot of jeeps close to you with people getting rid of tops and how many people are looking to BUY tops. Usually it's cheaper to find a deal on a soft top in the fall, when people are realizing they don't have the place to store a soft top from a dual top group and they want to keep their hard top on because it's cold/getting cold.

New from the dealer the Premium OEM top costs almost $2k (I think it's like $1850 for a jku), so $950 doesn't sound terrible. Do you have the patience to wait? Do you have access to covered parking if you take the hard top off while you're waiting to find a soft top? Have you looked on Craigslist before and do they come up often in LI?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Just make sure when you're looking at the replacements that it's not JUST the fabric. Some of the replacement tops assume you already have the frame.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lot of good points. The market on LI is steady for these tops and it's all about supply and demand. To your point Star at this time I'm probably going to pay a little more versus if I wait until the fall. I'm not in a hurry so I may wait and see if they come down a little. The other option is the Trek top but you don't get the same level of freedom as you do with the full soft top.

Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased my 2015 JKU with hard top thinking that a complete soft-top would be cheaper but now i am wandering if i should have just splurged on the price and got the dual top package. anyone in Ga have a soft-top for sale?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts