Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2015 Sahara this weekend and it has the hard top only. I found a complete soft top kit on Craigslist. Are all JKU soft tips from 07-15 the same? The ad states that they believe they are the same but I'd like to try to confirm that before driving the 2 hours to get it. Would hate to have to buy it only to have to sell it again. TIA.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
They changed the window size and added a few other features back in 2011 but the soft tops old or new will fit a new Wrangler just make sure you have the correct hardware for the year of top you get as some of that has changed over the years for the JKU where as the JK's hardware has remained the same.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How much are you paying for the top? Just wondering because you can get a brand new top, hardware, frame, and fabric for $900-1000 from Quadratec. That's what I did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$350, new in box. Going to look at it today. Not sure if it's a factory sunrises but he said it was purchased at the dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's not a bad price for everything.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
$350, new in box. Going to look at it today. Not sure if it's a factory sunrises but he said it was purchased at the dealer.
Do you know what year Jeep the top came off of? The bracket that mounts to roll bar changed in 2013 when Jeep added the spring assist to the soft top. But that probably only came with the premium soft top. BTW if he had a dual top, the brackets may still be mounted in his Jeep.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. The top is in the boxes and has never been installed. He purchased from the dealer after he bought his 07 so I am hoping the brackets have never been installed. Going to pick it up on Friday. I called the dealer and he said its the same part number from 07-16 so I'm gonna take my chances. From my understanding the older version had smaller windows which isn't really a concern for me. Even the older style will do all I need it to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts