Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 YJ with a factory hardtop. I picked up a factory soft top assembly on the cheap to use in the summer, but I'm wondering if it will work with my full doors. I can make a surround for the gap around the door, but what I'm wondering is will the plastic channel that goes on the windshield interfere with the full door closing?
-I know about the bestop supertops, etc... just looking to see if this factory top will work for what I need.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Factory tops dont work the top has to have a rounded edge on the top rear of the door.. square ones wont fit a steel door

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
If I am reading right you say you can mod the doors to work, if so I believe the doors not the windshield will give you any issues at all. Make sure you have it all, including the back window to tail gate seal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I am reading right you say you can mod the doors to work, if so I believe the doors not the windshield will give you any issues at all. Make sure you have it all, including the back window to tail gate seal.
right, I can make a surround to cover that gap around the door, I'm just wondering if that plastic piece that attaches to the windshield will prevent the full door from closing (bestop has a different bracket that OEM).
Nope you'll need the supertop from bestop
I have this set-up so I was just seeing if I can use it... I'm not going to buy a supertop, I'll just continue to use my raincoat if needed, lol.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The plastic pieces running down the sides of the windshield frame will interfere with full hard doors. If you don't remove them, the doors wont close. I've almost busted them a couple times because I forgot to take them off when switching from half to full doors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The plastic pieces running down the sides of the windshield frame will interfere with full hard doors. If you don't remove them, the doors wont close. I've almost busted them a couple times because I forgot to take them off when switching from half to full doors.
right on, that's what I was wondering... thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Same here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts