Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 Sahara that originally had a hardtop. PO changed to a soft top and put a Bestop Supertop on. Taking the top down and putting back on is a booger. What all would I have to change and add should I chose to go to more factory top that is much easier to use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The factory top is no different. They are a PITA to remove and install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I've seen and done there doesn't seem to be much of a difference as far as factory or not. I will say one thing, the more you do it the easier and quicker it goes. First time I did it it took me around 45 minutes, now I can do it in 5 or less if I'm hustling.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
No no no. The supertop is different from the suppertop nx. Nx is the same as the factory soft top. The supertop has a different bow system

·
Registered
15 Posts
If someone could elaborate on the difference in the bow systems of the nx and plain supertop that would be great. My Jeep's PO put one on it but its getting time to be replaced but I'd like to get the same thing I have on it now. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The NX on my LJ takes me about 5 minutes to have it folded back nice and neat with the windows rolled and strapped on. The first few times it took about 20 minutes, if you have the NX you'll get used to it. My wife has gotten where she can get it in about 10 or just under.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Im got a factory one and live in Fl...... the hotter it gets the more the darn thing shrinks. Takes two people pulling to get it back up ..... and now the stitching is starting to rip. Sooo looks like im in the same boat.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Im got a factory one and live in Fl...... the hotter it gets the more the darn thing shrinks. Takes two people pulling to get it back up ..... and now the stitching is starting to rip. Sooo looks like im in the same boat.
I would think that the warmer it gets the easier it would to stretch. Everything else in the world works that way although I'm sure someone will come up with something that doesn't.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
How does it take two people to pull it up? You are doing something wrong. Are you connecting the rear sail panels to the tub then trying to connect the latches in the header? If so you are doing it backwards. Connect the latches (do not clamp) then pull down on the rear bow with one hand and connect the sail panel tabs under the tub.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts