Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i asked this question on another similar forum but nobody answered me so I figured I would post the thread myself! Just got my jeep back in January of this year! I got the hard top and soft top with it. Spring just hit here in NE Ohio if it ever kicks in and I kinda want to put my soft top on for May thru atleast October... but I don't have a garage. my jeep sits outside unfortunately and I just wasn't sure if my soft top sitting out side for that amount of time was a good idea without any coverage? not really fimiliar with soft tops, anyone have any advice?

thanks! :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
i asked this question on another similar forum but nobody answered me so I figured I would post the thread myself! Just got my jeep back in January of this year! I got the hard top and soft top with it. Spring just hit here in NE Ohio if it ever kicks in and I kinda want to put my soft top on for May thru atleast October... but I don't have a garage. my jeep sits outside unfortunately and I just wasn't sure if my soft top sitting out side for that amount of time was a good idea without any coverage? not really fimiliar with soft tops, anyone have any advice?

thanks! :)
I would say it's probably not a good idea at ALL to store your soft top outside. Animals, elements and host of other problems...

I'd be willing to bet though that you meant leaving your hard top outside rather than soft top, correct? Since you don't have a place to store it?

Or did you mean just parking daily with the soft top without a garage?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Soft tops are intended to be on at all times. So by having it on for half the year you're actually doubling its life - regardless of it being garaged or not. The main question is, when you take it off where do you store it, and where do you store your hard top when you have the soft on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so it issss ok for me to leave my soft top on my jeep for half the year without a garage. that answers my question about that. thank you! and yes the storing part. I do have a small garage/shed that we store our mowers in that I would store my soft top in. and then my soft top is currently in our walk out basement. Is there a certain way that I should store the hard top when I take it off seeing that I don't have a hoist or anything specifically for it?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean the small garage that I have will be where I store my hard top, and My soft top will be stored in my basement.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I mean the small garage that I have will be where I store my hard top, and My soft top will be stored in my basement.
It sounds like you're covered, a lot of us use soft tops year round. The important thing is that you have somewhere to store them when they're off the jeep.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good plan. It's important to store the soft top somewhere out of reach of critters i.e. mice, as it's a perfect place for them to nest in those cozy folds, breed and chew on the material. As for the hard top, I'd store it on the floor over a tarp or a moving blanket and cover it with one as well. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts