Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 yj with half doors. My zippers on both door windows have become stuck. It's winter here in Ohio so i'm in no hurry to open them. Only time I miss being able to open them is when going through the burger king drive through. Any tips on getting them back on track with out ripping or ruining the zippers? They are both off track pretty bad....

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
thats never fun. wd 40 or the like is a good maintenance measure. lube the up now, and again when you go to try it, work them around, and even try pliers without totally breaking the zipper if you have to

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dont go to Burger King or if you do just go inside.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I have the same problem with my zip up windows, but luckily I live in sunny CA. I plan on taking my windows to an upholstry shop and see if they can replace the zippers with new ones.

Jeff

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same issue when I bought my 94, I just worked the zippers with WD40 and a set of needle-nose pliers, OH and a lot of patience.
If all else fails, Ebay for a used set!
I lucked out this winter and found a set of used slider windows off of craigslist, pd $150.00 for the pair, there rough, but work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts