Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first Jeep and it didn’t have a tailgate bar and the bar/rod that goes through the bottom of the window fabric to connect it to the tailgate bar. I ordered a new tailgate bar and assumed it would have the through piece for the window but it didn’t. I can’t seem to find any information about the rod that goes through the bottom of the window. If anyone knows what the part is called and/or where to buy one I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
depends on who makes the soft top they are all different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my soft top it looks like the bar/rod thats attached to the actual window piece is sewed on there. you will probably have to find a damaged panel you could steal the bar from and sew it on yours or just buy a full replacement window.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
oops

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info! Now it completely makes sense that I couldn’t find anything online. I think I’m going to look crazy bringing the window and tailgate bar into the local hardware store but the window is in great shape. So I think I’ll just try to find a fiberglass rod that will fit and make use of my aunt’s upholstery sewing machine. Again, thanks!

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts