Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
That is a nice looking jeep, but I think I would be looking for a rear bumper before anything else!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bestop, no question. But when you replace it, do yourself a HUGE FAVOR. Lay it out from the shipping box and let the sun heat it up and 'relax' the material. The put a SERIOUS COAT of Armor-all on it and let it soak in. The more (at least 2 coat's) you put on it, especially right before the winter season, the better the top will do when it gets subjected to the inevitable road spray of road salt and water. In the summer you can get away with 1 coat a month. But in the winter, with the snow, ice and salt, not a chance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bestop, no question. But when you replace it, do yourself a HUGE FAVOR. Lay it out from the shipping box and let the sun heat it up and 'relax' the material. The put a SERIOUS COAT of Armor-all on it and let it soak in. The more (at least 2 coat's) you put on it, especially right before the winter season, the better the top will do when it gets subjected to the inevitable road spray of road salt and water. In the summer you can get away with 1 coat a month. But in the winter, with the snow, ice and salt, not a chance.
I have none of the issues you describe here in west Texas. UV rays and extreme heat on the other hand...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts