Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am just wondering if any one else is having issues with their dealer and their soft top on their 2013 wrangler???????
I bought a 2013 wrangler Sahara unlimited with the dual top option as I was told it came with the premium soft top instead of the regular one. So I went and ordered the dual top option... well after waiting for my vehicle to be built and delivered it finally arrived. Well my brand new jeep has scratches inside of the hard top on the glass (dealer told me to live with it as replacing the glass would ruin the hard top). Both front fenders have paint cracks in them, and it is leaking again ( returned a lemon 2012 for major leaks and ordered the 2013 to replace it).
Well my Jeep came with the regular soft top not the premium as speced out. Talked to the dealer and he said he had no idea what I was talking about. Showed him info from the web and three days later tells me that the info is no good as they are all from .com sites.
Well found him info directly from Chrysler Canada and showed it to him. He emailed me to say that it did not apply to my Model Jeep and to take it up with Chrysler Canada.
http://www.chryslercanada.ca/produc...Wrangler-Unlimited/CN_2013_JP_Wrangler_HS.pdf

Well Chrysler Canada customer service is now telling me that they will not get involved with it as it is a sales issue and not a warranty issue.
Call the dealer back and was told to call customer service back as they need to take care of things and that he (the dealership) is not going to be buying me a premium soft top.
Anyone who bought a 2013 Wrangler Sahara or Rubicon dual top option needs to check their soft top to ensure that they got the proper top. The new premium soft top is black onthe inside and not the grey woven material. The new premium soft top is also made of a different material and is a 3 ply construction not the single ply. The new premium top is quieter and better insulating and looks beeter then the old.
Who else has been ripped off by Chrysler Canada with their soft top and do not even know it. This is the last time I will ever be dealing with this dealership and Chrysler. First a Lemon Jeep that no one wanted to do anything about and now the dealer has dropped the ball again and is blaming everyone else.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Damn! I am state side and did not order a Sahara or Rubicon but it was my understanding as well that the dual top did include the premium soft top. I know my 2013 JKU came with the premium top! I wonder if the scratches on the inside of the hard top glass are from where they switched out the soft tops on you?

·
Registered
351 Posts
That dealer sounds like an ass. And anytime you order the dual tops, you get the premium soft top. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
Damn! I am state side and did not order a Sahara or Rubicon but it was my understanding as well that the dual top did include the premium soft top. I know my 2013 JKU came with the premium top! I wonder if the scratches on the inside of the hard top glass are from where they switched out the soft tops on you?
This right here. I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped out your top.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Lawyer up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Canadian soft top thread was started by me the other day before things went sour with the dealer.

Dealer now is saying that he fully agrees with me that I should have the premium soft top based upon the web page I sent to him from the Chrysler Canada site..................but there is no way that he is going to buying the soft top for me and it is up to Chrysler Canada to make it right.

Well after speaking to Chrysler Canada again for the second time the dealer called my back and is now saying that he can repair the cracked paint on the fender flares but said I won't be happy with them. The dealer does not have a body shop and would have to send the jeep to a small private body shop ( not a Chrysler Body shop just a small mom and pop type operation) 30 minutes away. The dealer also stated now that he can get the glass repaired on the hard top....but again I won't be happy with the repairs. The dealer stated that it would only be repaired once with new glass and if it did not go right the top would not be replaced. The dealer also stated that he could also send it out to another dealer (3 hour drive each way) but all repairs will be their problem and if they are not done proper I have to deal with them from then on. The dealer stated that he would no longer have anything to do with the Jeep or the defects or the repairs done by another dealer. When talking to the dealer about the water leak on this Jeep he basically told me " it is a minimal water leak and that is to be expected with a jeep and to deal with it as is.

This is the same dealer that I bought my 2012 Sahara Unlimited from which had a major water leak from day one that could not be repaired in over a years worth of attempts. The Jeep also had the one- two shift issues ( with stall outs at times). The Jeep also had issues with the keyless entry not working, the steering wheel controls not working.

The Dealer told me to contact Chrysler Canada about the buy back program. Walked home from the dealer less then five minutes away and called Chrysler Canada and they had no idea about the buy back program and their policy is to repair vehicles only. Called the dealer back and less then ten minutes from when I left there and he suddenly had no idea about the buy back and that was not what he had told me. Well after many phones calls meetings and such between the delaer and myself and Chrysler Canada it was agreed that the dealer would buy back my 2012 wrangler and replace it with a 2013 wrangler and it was told to Chrysler Canada by the dealer on the phone. We do not have a lemon law in Canada and left pretty much at the dealers mercy.

Well after the order was done he suddenly was now saying that it was a trade in and not a switch out. Well many more meetings and phone calls things were settled out again.
Well the Jeep arrived same time family was visiting from across the country the same time we were getting ready to leave on a trip. Everything was signed and delivery done in a rush ( dealer's time line ) and was not until the family left and I had time to wash the jeep and clean it up that I noticed the cracked paint on both front fenders,the scratched hard top glass,and the improper soft top.

So basically the Dealer has told me that I can take and keep the Jeep as is and deal with the Defects as is or put up with repairs and how ever they turn out.

So I am between a rock and a hard place....... let them hack at the Jeep in attempts to repair it....... or live with the damages and improper soft top.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's b*llsh!t. Force them to pay you back for everything they screwed up and were supposed to give you that you PAID FOR, so you can buy new (aftermarket?) fenders, a new hardtop and soft top.

I wouldnt have took delivery of the jeep
Have a read...

ve9emt said:
Everything was signed and delivery done in a rush ( dealer's time line ) and was not until the family left and I had time to wash the jeep and clean it up that I noticed the cracked paint on both front fenders,the scratched hard top glass,and the improper soft top.

·
Banned
3,573 Posts
That's b*llsh!t. Force them to pay you back for everything they screwed up and were supposed to give you that you PAID FOR, so you can buy new (aftermarket?) fenders, a new hardtop and soft top.

Have a read...
That, too. I'd also be documenting EVERYTHING, plus hiring an attorney. You need to take photos of EVERYTHING and provide some sort of documentation these were issues when you took delivery of the vehicle...if possible.

I certainly wouldn't let this go. Call the tv network if you need to. Also find out if other people in your area have had the same experiences with this particular dealer. If there is some sort of paper-trail or other complaints, it will make getting this resolved much easier.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well just got done fighting with Chrysler Canada and even though the posted the 2013 Wrangler info pdf file with a date of July 2012 they tell me my jeep does not apply to that information. I asked how it did not apply to my Jeep since it was printed in July 2012 and my Jeep was ordered on Auguts 4th 2012 and delvidered n October 4th 2012. Jeep is now saying that soft top does not belong on the Wrangler Sahara until November 1st 2012.

The quoted a disclaimer from their web site that says
" Canadian Market Only
All information contained at this Site is intended for the Canadian market only, unless otherwise indicated. This Site is served in the United States and maintained in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and Nova Scotia. The information contained on this Site may be changed at any time without prior notification or obligation. Chrysler Canada Inc. makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of this information since the information is subject to change, specific requirements or availability. Please see your retailer for complete details."

They are saying because of this disclaimer Chrysler Canada does not have to do anything to assist me or to provide me a soft top. They are telling me that it is a dealer error and therefore a dealer problem they need to correct the soft top issue.

Has anyone else bought a 2013 Wrangler in Canada and ordered the dual top option???? Which top did you get with your order ???

My situation sucks and do not think it is fair that Chrysler can does this to their customers so easily... Wonder how many other did not get what they ordered and expected only to be able to do nothing about it.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Painful thread to read. You have a clueless dealer and an irresponsible response by Chrysler.

No one will do anything unless you lawyer up, write to your paper, call tv stations, make a facebook page, etc.

I hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Do they have a facebook page? we could all go on there and rip em a new ass.

·
Registered
210 Posts
just read the whole read. im so sorry this is happening to you. i would prob lose my mind if half of that happened to me. you are very patient and i hope you get what u deserve and paid for. keep us updated

·
Registered
898 Posts
Posted a link to the post on the FB page! Lets see how long it stays there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The Canadian soft top thread was started by me the other day before things went sour with the dealer.

Dealer now is saying that he fully agrees with me that I should have the premium soft top based upon the web page I sent to him from the Chrysler Canada site..................but there is no way that he is going to buying the soft top for me and it is up to Chrysler Canada to make it right.

Well after speaking to Chrysler Canada again for the second time the dealer called my back and is now saying that he can repair the cracked paint on the fender flares but said I won't be happy with them. The dealer does not have a body shop and would have to send the jeep to a small private body shop ( not a Chrysler Body shop just a small mom and pop type operation) 30 minutes away. The dealer also stated now that he can get the glass repaired on the hard top....but again I won't be happy with the repairs. The dealer stated that it would only be repaired once with new glass and if it did not go right the top would not be replaced. The dealer also stated that he could also send it out to another dealer (3 hour drive each way) but all repairs will be their problem and if they are not done proper I have to deal with them from then on. The dealer stated that he would no longer have anything to do with the Jeep or the defects or the repairs done by another dealer. When talking to the dealer about the water leak on this Jeep he basically told me " it is a minimal water leak and that is to be expected with a jeep and to deal with it as is.

This is the same dealer that I bought my 2012 Sahara Unlimited from which had a major water leak from day one that could not be repaired in over a years worth of attempts. The Jeep also had the one- two shift issues ( with stall outs at times). The Jeep also had issues with the keyless entry not working, the steering wheel controls not working.

The Dealer told me to contact Chrysler Canada about the buy back program. Walked home from the dealer less then five minutes away and called Chrysler Canada and they had no idea about the buy back program and their policy is to repair vehicles only. Called the dealer back and less then ten minutes from when I left there and he suddenly had no idea about the buy back and that was not what he had told me. Well after many phones calls meetings and such between the delaer and myself and Chrysler Canada it was agreed that the dealer would buy back my 2012 wrangler and replace it with a 2013 wrangler and it was told to Chrysler Canada by the dealer on the phone. We do not have a lemon law in Canada and left pretty much at the dealers mercy.

Well after the order was done he suddenly was now saying that it was a trade in and not a switch out. Well many more meetings and phone calls things were settled out again.
Well the Jeep arrived same time family was visiting from across the country the same time we were getting ready to leave on a trip. Everything was signed and delivery done in a rush ( dealer's time line ) and was not until the family left and I had time to wash the jeep and clean it up that I noticed the cracked paint on both front fenders,the scratched hard top glass,and the improper soft top.

So basically the Dealer has told me that I can take and keep the Jeep as is and deal with the Defects as is or put up with repairs and how ever they turn out.

So I am between a rock and a hard place....... let them hack at the Jeep in attempts to repair it....... or live with the damages and improper soft top.
You need to not walk but RUN away from that dealer and not look back. They sound awful and do not deserve your business. I would reject that Jeep and go buy elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts