Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2005 TJ, 65,000 miles, the top is in very good shape, but the side windows and back window are very scratched and yellowing in color. Is my only choice to replace the windows, or can a top shop put new glasses in the soft window frames. What is the best way to go on this.

trainman

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are several shops here in the Houston area that can put the vinyl "glass" in there. The problem with that may be that due to the sewing involved, it might be more cost effective to just order new panels. I suppose it would depend on the brand of the top, but for my Rampage top, the side windows were 65 dollars so it wasn't worth the effort for me to send them to a shop and wait on them to get to them. It sure can't hurt to drop by an upholstery shop and ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This sounds strange but try lemon Pledge furniture polish on the Windows. Mine are very scratched and cloudy but replacement is not in the budget is year. It will not remove the scratches but did help with the cloudiness. It is not a permanent fix. I keep a can in the garage and reapply it after every time I wash the jeep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts