Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a good cover to use for storage of the soft top when it is all laid back and down, something to make it look nicer. Any suggestions or products that work would be great thanks in advance. I always feel that my questions are a little novice, but this is my first jeep.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
This is one area where I'm still uncomfortable with on my new Jeep.

I can' figure how to stuff or form the soft top material when I lower the top so that it sits neatly against the tailgate.

My rests so high when I get it down. And I can't figure out what to do with the support arms once it's down. It seems like there should be a place to mount the arm so it all stays sturdy while driving.

Here's how mine lays when I put the top down. There is no way I'm getting a boot over the top like this. I don't think I'm doing it right.

I also spotted an area on each side of the rear seat belt plastic housing that is rubbing. The support arms are rubbing since the top bounces slightly when driving.

Hey Beastmaster, how are your frame arms supported in that picture? I like how yours run parallel to the side of the Jeep. Mine simply drop down into the cargo area of the Jeep, which I feel isn't correct.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
It looks like you have it folding "IN" onto itself like this

It should fold "OUT" onto itself so it lays flat, like this

There are a bunch of videos online that detail how to fold the top down. The 2013 is even easier then older models because it has a "Spring Assist" mechanism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts