Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to store my soft top in my uninsulated shed? The temp in the winter will get below freezing for extended periods of time. I have it hanging up, the windows are unrolled and hanging as well except the rear window is draped over the top.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yeah it should be. Just like leaving it on the Jeep except without the snow.

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
I would unroll the windows and lay them flat and make sure to get it good and warm before putting it back on.

·
Registered
214 Posts
One tip I use is to get a roll of plastic wrap (the kind they use for shipping) at home depot or wherever, and wrap the rolled up top to keep dust and floor grime off. The windows I keep flat, stored in a warm place in the soft bag that came with the Freedom panels.

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have it wrapped in a tarp and the windows are hanging flat against the wall with a blanket over and between them. I like the idea of the plastic wrap though, mice shouldn't be a problem but squirrels might be, maybe I'll look for some extra space in my basement to make sure.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
828 Posts
phottomatt said:
I have it wrapped in a tarp and the windows are hanging flat against the wall with a blanket over and between them. I like the idea of the plastic wrap though, mice shouldn't be a problem but squirrels might be, maybe I'll look for some extra space in my basement to make sure.
Thanks everyone.
I brought ours into the house and put it in the spare room with the windows lying flat under our bed. It's just for a few months and easy to move if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts