Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I messed up.. I ordered a rubicon with a premium soft top, but for some reason I forgot to order the deep tinted windows. can anyone confirm that part # 82213832 is in fact tinted windows for the premium soft top.

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yeah thought we made the same mistake when we ordered the unlimited sport with the basic soft top. Turns out because I ordered the black wheel / Dueler package, it comes with the tinted windows.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I chose the Premium Soft Top option when I ordered my Willys. My windows are tinted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, I did the google search also. that's how I came up with that part #. I'm just trying to make sure they are for the premium top. looks like the deep tint is standard on a lot of models but it looks like the sport s and the 2dr rubicon the tint is available as a $495 option.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
@Boomersmomma I can't confirm this, but viewing the jeep build & price page, there is the option to select the Premium soft top. Scrolling down on the same page, there is the option to select the dark tinted windows. Click both synonymously allows for both options, which tells me that the Premium soft top doesn't come with the tinted windows or I would have seen a warning screen on the site with more details about this setting.

How far into the order are you?.. can you speak with your salesmen about amending this at the time of delivery?. I was able to amend our wrangler order which would happen at the time of delivery. I neglected to add the Mopar Slush mats.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I have never seen a premium top with clear Windows.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Just an observation via the Jeep Build & Price site.. The image shows both options are available.. Let's assume that the first option "premium soft top" does have tinted windows, then why is the "dark tinted windows option" listed below?..

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think rubicons automatically get deep tint.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an observation via the Jeep Build & Price site.. The image shows both options are available.. Let's assume that the first option "premium soft top" does have tinted windows, then why is the "dark tinted windows option" listed below?..
also the deep tint sunscreen windows is not listed in "standard features" on the 2dr rubicon

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
@Boomersmomma you understand what I'm saying based on the screen shot above.. So why would this be an added option IF the premium soft top already has tinted windows.. Just going by what the site says and yes I've selected the Rubicon model for this screen shot..

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
My 2015 JK Rubicon with premium soft top came with clear soft top windows. The amazon link in post 2 are the tinted windows I purchased, they are for the premium top.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Boomersmomma you understand what I'm saying based on the screen shot above.. So why would this be an added option IF the premium soft top already has tinted windows.. Just going by what the site says and yes I've selected the Rubicon model for this screen shot..
I agree.. that's why I think ill end up with clear windows and we just cant have that!!! so if that part # is for the premium top the problem will be solved.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My 2015 JK Rubicon with premium soft top came with clear soft top windows. The amazon link in post 2 are the tinted windows I purchased, they are for the premium top.
that helps a lot.. thanks are they the same quality as what came on the jeep?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I would verify that the premium soft top fabric is either the:

"Black Premium Acrylic Fabric" (Amazon)

or

"Black Diamond Sailcloth Fabric" (Bestop)

The first Amazon version says it Premium but could be nothing more than a higher grade of material used. Where as the second one Bestop is actually sailcloth and considered to be the Premium version.. When you touched the soft top.. did it feel rough and look glossy?.. this would be the basic soft top. Where as the Premium soft top would feel very soft to the touch and look darker.

Some times it's best to actually speak with someone, either your salesman, Bestop, @Quadratec etc.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
I have never seen a premium top with clear Windows.
I think rubicons automatically get deep tint.
Here is the window sticker from a 2-door Rubicon, showing both the Deep Tint and the Premium Soft Top, as separate options.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4BJWCG2HL594392

So, based on that, I am going to venture a guess that Premium Soft Tops don't automatically get Deep Tint, nor do Rubicons automatically get Deep Tint.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
Some times it's best to actually speak with someone, either your salesman, Bestop, @Quadratec etc.
I checked my hardcopy Quadratec catalog. It offers replacement standard soft top windows in clear only, and replacement premium soft top windows in either clear or deep tint. Its just that they are "ala cart", and not in a full set/kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts