Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Wrangler Unlimited. In search of a step by step guide or a video to uninstalling my Wrangler softop and installing my hardtop. I've had the hard top first but this would be my first time putting the hard top back on since I took it off. I found one step by step guide online and had no clue the names of the parts they were talking about of the soft top. Thank you

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
Having just recently swapped my hard top over to my soft top, this is my recollection...

Remove rear window and bar.
Remove side soft top windows.
Take the front door "surrounds" off (and rear if you have a 4dr).
Unbolt the soft top frame from the rear Jeep roll bars (or the brackets from the frame, preference).
I think at this point you're through with the soft top removal....

Now...place rear large hard top piece on Jeep, carefully aligning the pins.
Place screws on each side (3 IIRC per side) into Jeep tub.
Place 2 upper/forward screws through hard top into roll bar holes.
Place panels over front driver and passenger area.
Replace 2 screw do-hickeys that go up, through the sound bar into the panels.
Lock down 2 front panels.

I believe it goes something like that...anyone else?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
On the soft top; If you have the spring assist on the soft top, there is a strap to install on each side to capture the frame in the down position before you take it loose.

On the hard top; the passenger side front panel has to go on before the driver's side. Also, you need to plug in the electrical connector on the left rear in order for the wiper, defrost and washer to work.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
That video is for taking the cloth and frame completely off. It's only 2 screws each side. Of course, you have to take the door surrounds off but that's not part of the top itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts