Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all use to keep your soft top windows from fading? How do you keep them clear and add life to them?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I used to always use pledge on them when I took them down and never put plastic on plastic when I stored it. Then when I took them out I would buff it with pledge again. My tops lasted for years, the jeep is also garage kept and not baking in the sun all day in and out. So I am sure that has alot to do with it to.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
1) Never store them with plastic against plastic. Whether you roll them or lay them flat, always put fabric of some kind between them.

2) Never use window cleaner on them. It will cause them to cloud or become yellow. Bestop makes an excellent cleaner and protectant. It's pricy but worth every penny.

3) Always rinse away grime before cleaning and use only clean micro-fiber towels on them.

4) Never scrape frost of ice off of your windows

5) A cab cover or even a tarp will help protect them from the elements ie. sun, snow, frost

6) (and 1 I learned the hard way) Never travel at highway speeds with the rear window rolled up. You are better off just removing it and throwing it in the back.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts